NBA 2k11 or NBA Elite 11?

A-Dub

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which NBA game will/would you pick up?

Yeah once you learn how to shoot with a player they basically become unstopable. No matter what team I'm playing with I always try to pick up Arron Afflalo because I know how to shoot with him and always put up big numbers.

That was me with Mike Miller. Opposite is true with Shawn Marrion. I can't hit any shots with him.

I got the game, I'm basically just trying to learn the shooting motions for Jordan and the Bulls right now. It seems like unless I get it just right it's a brick every time even if I'm Jordan and I'm wide open. That will come with some practice I suppose though, as will figuring out the controls and such.

What I can't figure out though is how to dunk. I'll get some momentum and I'll go to shoot so that it goes into the animation of driving towards the goal, but my guy never dunks the ball and I can't figure out why. I've tried pressing the square button and I've tried the shot stick; neither work for me. Any tips?

I got the game, I'm basically just trying to learn the shooting motions for Jordan and the Bulls right now. It seems like unless I get it just right it's a brick every time even if I'm Jordan and I'm wide open. That will come with some practice I suppose though, as will figuring out the controls and such.

What I can't figure out though is how to dunk. I'll get some momentum and I'll go to shoot so that it goes into the animation of driving towards the goal, but my guy never dunks the ball and I can't figure out why. I've tried pressing the square button and I've tried the shot stick; neither work for me. Any tips?

1) Is your guy a dunker? If you try with Boykins it's obvious enough that he won't dunk.

2) Are you close enough, somewhere between the free throw line and the basket should work. If you are too close they will try to lay it in unless he's a center.

You know what pisses me off more then anything? When in My Player I'm suppose to pass to a guy coming off a screen. The X comes up over him, I go to pass to him and I pass to the fucking screener, normally resulting in a turnover and dropping my teammate rating.

Yeah I hate the passing in this game... My Player mode sucks for it... My guy averages like 4-5 turnovers and they'll all be from me thinking im making a smart and good pass to a guy wide open in the middle of the lane but no it trys to make an impossible pass to teh corner where the guy is completely covered... so frustrating!

• Like 1

Two more little things with My Player as I haven't touched anything else. I hate how your man gets switched at the dumbest times and that you can defend a shot so well the shooter falls down but both end up hurting your teammate rating.

But what I really wanted to do was post about my last game. I'm on the Knicks facing the Heat with Melo out. So in 19 minutes this was my stat line.

35 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 12-20 FG, 9-14 3PT, 2-2 FT

Oh, and a 2 point win. I bet they cried afterward.

Just had my greatest game ever, but I still lost. But here's what happened: I was playing the Bad Boys challenge in the Jordan challenges (47+ points, 4+ assists, Win the game). So we went through the whole game behind. Never more than seven. But I managed to complete the 47 points thing before half-time, so Jordan and Pippen keep ripping shit up and with about 01:00 left in the 4th Jordan has around 65 and we're still down by 3. But anyway, we have the ball with about 3 seconds to go on an inbound, pass to Jordan, quick Crossover and BAM! 3 is hit right at the buzzer. We go to OT. Now, with about 15 seconds left in OT we are down by 8 and this is where I achieved my greatest ever gaming feat. Full Court Press, I steal the ball with Pippen, hit the quick 2. 13 left and I steal with Jordan, run to the outside and nail the three, down by 3 with 9 left. STEAL IT AGAIN!, run to just outside the arch, hit the three and we're even with about 5 left. They call time but can't convert. 2nd OT, Jordan has 79, I've never been as frustrated yet I'm having the most fun out of a game ever. With about 10 seconds left they are up by 2, I call the Quick Iso, clears out and Jordan runs down the lane, BUT MISSES THE EASY LAY-UP! I'm in tears, my leg is bruised from where I've been whacking it in frustration. But I don't honestly think I've ever had as much fun in a game. It was awesome, and I was only 2 points off beating the Lakers to Triple-OT!

Anyway, Jordan finished with 91 (My new record for all Basketball games) and 6 assists.

• Like 1