NBA 2k11 or NBA Elite 11?

A-Dub

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which NBA game will/would you pick up?

Spend as much time as you have to in the practice arena....that's all I did for like 3 hours. I'm only okay now...still suck. I had to just give Jordan the ball and use iso to open things up and give Jordan room to work from the elbow.

REALLY cool part though was when I finally got to 63, Jordan slammed a dunk from the free-throw line. It was epic.

This is probably the best sports game that I have -ever- played. No joke.

I'm not a huge basketball fan - and I never really have been but I always looked at the games, saw how detailed they were and since that is something that I really go for I decided to keep my eyes open on the new releases when they came around. I read the reviews for 2K11 and I thought sure, I'll give it a shot. I booted it up and the way the game starts - throwing you straight into Michael's big moments, was absolutely amazing but I started playing the challenges today and started on The Arrival - what a fucking gameplay experience. The commentary was perfect all the way through.. I did the challenge for points but thought that I didn't have enough time for the assist's challenge - 82-82 was the score at the end so we went into overtime. Got my assists but it looked like we were going to lose the game but at the very last second of overtime, as Jordan I dropped a three to tie it up and eventually took the game after a very, very close OT2.

Just wow.

THis game is tough. I'm going to be spending a few hours in the practice gym trying to completely switch to the shot stick and learn all the Iso and post moves. Also completely changing my style of play, since 80% of outlet passes are intercepted. Kevin Love has just become useless in this game. When you do something correctly, however, the game is really rewarding. This is going to take all the free hours I don't have away. Awesome game, everything feels the way it should, too.

Put him on center and i swear to god you won't think that ever again.

He is a brick when running, but if you can get him under the basket he will molest the defense.

So I'm running into a problem in My Player mode - where my guy sucks and there's no magic line like they have in NHL 11 that tells me where the hell I should be on the court. I mean, it shows me where the guy that I am supposed to be covering is - but every once in a while that'll change and I don't understand the general movements etc. All of this considered though - I am still loving the game.

Yeah, I can't get into My Player at all. The drills are too difficult, and the gap in talent between me and the other prospects is ridiculous. And that gapo is only compounded my being incredibly green when it comes to basketball. The Jordan challenges look ridiculous too. I've managed the Bad Boys one, because that's essentially just points and assists, but I can't do ones like the last dance one against the Jazz as I can't guarantee 4+ steals.

Yeah, My Player mode can completely fuck off. Not only is it impossibile for me to get any points in the drills, but the games before the draft don't help me at all. I get given goals about stealing or forcing turnovers when my player's not geared toward that anyway (how am I supposed to record to steals with a rating of about 25?), and even when I did force my match-up to commit a turnover by intercepting a pass, it didn't count. I can barely get by drawing fouls and nailing free throws, but the defense is messed up, I'll be marking the guy the overlay is telling me to mark, then some other dude will score and I get a negative bonus for allowing my man to score. I can't guard three guys at once :/

I picked it up. NBA 2K11 is right up there with MLB: The Show. It is consistently good and the presentation is amazing. I love how the commentators will talk about a player, switch to the action on the court, and then continue their conversation.

Maybe, if I knew what that actually meant. My frustration with this game now is that nothing is really explained, it's not very easy for a newcomer to pick anything up. It's doubly frustrating as I can tell it's a great game, and I love the presentation, but it's almost like it doesn't want me to get into it, the menus are horrible, things like the League Pass section in Association mode aren't explained, and the aforementioned player icons aren't cear (other than the wireless signal one I mentioned earlier, the other one I'd really like explaining is the one that pops up when you call for a double team).

I picked it up. NBA 2K11 is right up there with MLB: The Show. It is consistently good and the presentation is amazing. I love how the commentators will talk about a player, switch to the action on the court, and then continue their conversation.

Basically, it's the player's stamina. If you sprint with the player for a long time, it empties. Also, it is an easier way to see if the player is hot or not...

Is there a list soimewhere of what the little icons at players' feet mean? I presume the gauge isn't the strength of their wireless network for instance.

A star means the player is extremely good 85+.

an wing means that the player has high quickness and speed.

a 3 means that the player is a dangerous 3pt shooter.

And the higher the ''reception'' bar underneath their feet is means the easier it is to score from that spot.

It gets altered by their skill from that range and if the player is being defended or not.

And it changes color according to his shooting performance. E.g. if he has a streak where he misses a lot of shots the bar will turn blue and will actually make his shooting even worse.

It also counts the other way that if he keeps draining shot after shot that the bar will turn red and he will become even better at shooting.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 2

So is this game really enough of an improvement to get 2K11? I mostly play Association so I'll use that as my basis. I have 2K10 with updated rosters to include rookies and roster changes that are to date with today. Just want to know if it's worth it or not.

Well the engine is a lot better than 2K10 which results in a more realistic experience on itself.

Players run around like they should setting screens and playing the passing lanes.

If you bomb pass like in 2K10 the AI will kill you by grabbing those for easy TO's.

The game feels like an actual game most of the time.

Trade system is improved too now focusing on giving players Stars on criteria e.g. B or higher talent get a lot of stars and are a lot harder to trade for.

Whilst old guys lose stars due to their age.

Same with high contracts getting low stars and last year players being easier to sign.

But i suggest you download the demo and feel the engine for yourself.

But me personally i am loving 2k11 a lot more than the previous installments.