Civilization Thread!

Ruki

Well instead of Nebuchanezzar you have Gilgamesh who will constantly remind you how much he'll remember how good an ally you are.

(Seriously, I think I got that message from him like every five turns last time I played).

The biggest change for me from 5 to 6 is that workers are now builders and they are nerfed to an absurd degree by now being limited charge use.

1 hour ago, Sousa Defarge said:

nuclear consequences for cheating.

80'S ACTION CARTOON NARRATOR: Following a nuclear accident, the cells of Dr Enrico Dandolo absorb too much radiation, altering his cells and giving him strang, wonderful new properties. From that moment on, he was known as...SUPER DOGE! 

*Cheesy 80s Intro, think along the lines of M.A.S.K* 

23 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

How I forgot how fun the first few turns of Civ are. Just the best. Exploring the map, killing barbarians. Jolly good fun. 

Especially if you are one of the Civs that get a bonus for killing barbs.

• Like 1

I remember my first game of Civ 5, there were still barbarian camps in endgame. One tried to threaten one of my newer cities and I dropped an XCOM on them.

Alpha Centauri's version of barbarians were Mind Worms. Unlike civ games, where units have set attack and defense values, the strength of a Mind Worm was determined by it's life cycle, mechanically speaking it's morale. They came via land, sea, or air, but the nice thing was you'd either get money for destroying them, or with the right social choices, a chance to capture them and add them to your ranks. The expansion added in tougher versions, as well as an artillery type that was basically one big terrain-improvement destroying pain in the ass. 

On 1/31/2018 at 19:03, OctoberRavenO said:

I remember my first game of Civ 5, there were still barbarian camps in endgame. One tried to threaten one of my newer cities and I dropped an XCOM on them.

It lost with a 2% chance of loss, because XCOM.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

Reviews for the expansion and good to great, though the loyalty system is getting raked over the coals for what appears to be some very fickle alliances.  Anyone have a chance to sink their teeth into it yet?

Oh good, a trade agreement....

• 2 months later...

I finally played Civ 6! Boy oh boy was the tutorial useless.

"Improving this coffee will grant you an amenity!"
"cool, why would i want one of those?"
"YOU ARE NOW READY, BRAVE LEADER, OUR FATE IS IN YOUR HANDS"

• Like 1