Minecraft!

Sousa

I watched that earlier... I'm loving their yogpod animation things... I have to look more into it. (But it's not MineCraft related)

The Funeral of Granny Bacon was an excellent "Israphel" backdrop and I, for one, am really looking forward to season 4(3?) starting :D

I think its season 3, kinda hard to keep track of the episodes.

ok... Beta 1.4 is up

Minecraft Beta 1.4

* Added tameable wolves

* Added cookies

* Sleeping in a bed now resets your spawn position

* New Minecraft logo

* Holding shift while climbing will hang on to the ladder

* Spiders will no longer trample crops

* Lots and lots of infrastructure for Statistics lists and Achievements

While most of the code is written, statistics and achievements won't show up until the next update. We didn't quite have time to finish them this week, and didn't want to delay the update longer.

Screw the wolves... COOKIES!!!!

Edited by Pimpin' Feller

For those that have used Doku's texture pack (or any of it's variations by other people and let's face it, we all have), he's been making a new one which is looking fan-fuckin'-tastic right now. http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=224969&sid=8eb368e1a6a1548637432c0ee21252c3 He still has a number of things to finish, but looks great in-game so far.

Why? It's just MINECRAFT drawn differently.

It's not really something people can be all... HAHAHA! GOTCHA!!! APRIL FOOLS!!!!.

I like it because it has a creeper face.

I expect the internet to be all upsed about it because it dos not use minecraft blocks. >_>

Actually, there's already an April Fools joke on Minecraft. I created a new online world earlier and I found a randomly spawned chest. I clicked on it and it said I needed a key to unlock it, it then sent me to a website where I was told I could 'buy' the key for $3, along with a bunch of other stuff. I clicked on it and clicked on purchase and an animation of a Raptor appeared on screen.

Considering Call of Duty, Battlefield and Medal of Honour are all basically the same game yet somehow still survive on the market, I'm pretty sure it's not that big a deal if there's another game that's like Minecraft. Plus this one is for Xbox Live only, isn't it?

Minecraft gets a release date!

Name one massive, open, sandbox game with snowy areas coming out on November 11. If you said The Elder Scrolls: Skyrm, you'd be correct, but we would also accept Minecraft as an answer. Yes, the game that hundreds of thousands of people have already bought and are actively playing is being "released" on the same day as the next title in Bethesda's flagship series.

This, along with news of a weather feature being released in Minecraft's upcoming 1.5 update, was outlined in Minecraft creator Notch's blog. Notch also noted that the released version won't be that far removed from the version available now, adding "we'll keep adding features after the release as well, so it's really more of a milestone when we finally get rid of the Beta label, and some kind of goal for us to work towards."

If you could only own Minecraft or Skyrim after November 11, which would it be? Let us know in the comments below!

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/116/1160573p1.html

So yeah, doesn't really mean much, but nice to know.

Also, for anyone interested, the next update will apparently include Achievements, Statistics and Weather! I can't wait to build a castle in a snow region and for it to eventually be covered in snow.

THE UPDATE IS HERE!

I just booted up Minecraft to mess around in my world and it said there were updates to download. I thought it was just some minor patch or something, but the first thing that happens when I open my world is I get a prompt to open my inventory, and immediately get an achievement for doing so. Time to fiddle around and see what else I can find... this should be fun.