*SPOILERS* Video Games Where The Protagonist Dies

LL!

I decided that for Halloween I'm dressing up as Zombie John Marston. My friend liked the idea and said he also wanted to be a zombie video game character. Unfortunately, I can only really think of a few. What does EWB, in its vast knowledge, have when it comes to protagonists (or other MAJOR characters, really) dying in a video game?

Ghost from MW2/Gaz from MW1.

Aeris obviously.

Tidus from FFX.

Main character from Bioshock 2 although a Big Daddy outfit might be a stretch >_>

Oooh! Bill from L4D.

Um, thats all I can think of.

Main character in Persona 3's original quest dies.

Pre-Broken Steel, Fallout 3's main could die at the end, so you could make a Vault 101 suit and zombify it I guess.

Every character in Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem except Alex Roivas dies at some point, albeit some by old age.

In SFII canon, M Bison is killed by Akuma.

Doesn't Ness "Die" in Earthbound? I mean he gets better, but he DOES die I think.

More to come if I think of any.

Bah, Meryl doesn't die in MGS canon, she doesn't count. Granted that also means FO3 main doesn't count either.

Though Ocelot dies in MGS4, and Solid Snake eventually dies after that game too (though man was that a crappy way for him to go out.

Does Roman die no matter what in GTA4?

See, with Solid Snake, as he was crawling down that radioactive chamber thing I was thinking "man, he HAS to die after this...it's like the big final heroic action!" but then later during all the closing sequences I was thinking "yeah, he has to kill himself now, it kind of makes sense" and then "I'm glad he didn't die. I like the fella. He deserves to go and die at home in peace, bless him". So I was happy afterall.

Guybrush Threepwood died in Monkey Island 2.

......NOPE.

RUBBER TREE!

Does Roman die no matter what in GTA4?

I'm recalling this from memory (many months ago I last touched the game), either Roman or Kate will die, depending on whether or not you killed... I want to say Dimitri(?). I was gutted when Roman died, I really liked his character.

As for this thread, it hasn't happened yet, but it's only a matter of time until I hate myself for entering it. I'm sure someone will wind up getting themselves spoiled and complain about it. <_<

See, with Solid Snake, as he was crawling down that radioactive chamber thing I was thinking "man, he HAS to die after this...it's like the big final heroic action!" but then later during all the closing sequences I was thinking "yeah, he has to kill himself now, it kind of makes sense" and then "I'm glad he didn't die. I like the fella. He deserves to go and die at home in peace, bless him". So I was happy afterall.

Really though, I would have preferred the suicide to end it instead of the tacked on and mind-numblingly boring 40 minuites that followed.

I also felt cheated, as the entire theme of the game was "Snake is going to die!" and we get a total cop out.