Great Goals

DFF

Not that convinced on whether he deserves the England shirt, but this goal will always make me like Glen Johnson...just a little bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IACkXEs0d9s

EDIT: Fairly sure I've posted this before in the World Cup Thread a few months back, but this may be my favourite team goal of all time.

Guest A Math Torpedo

Henderson in '72, Ovechkin trying to drag it through, Eberle the other night, Kariya scoring off a pass Mario let go through his legs in the Salt Lake gold medal game, and Orr flying through the air.

What? :shifty:

Henderson in '72, Ovechkin trying to drag it through, Eberle the other night, Kariya scoring off a pass Mario let go through his legs in the Salt Lake gold medal game, and Orr flying through the air.

What? :shifty:

This would've been even slightly funny if somebody else didn't already run the joke before you.

• Admin

Goals that spring to mind:

Erik Edman vs. Liverpool

Gazza's free kick vs. the scum in the 1991 FA Cup semi-final

Robbie Keane vs. Blackburn (iirc)

Bentley and Rose against Arsenal for the emotion rather than the actual goal itself.

And of course, Shearer's unstoppable volley, Rooney's too, Bergkamp at France '98 vs. Argentina, and so on.

I'll always have a soft spot for Aussie Rules due to my love for the Internation Series every year, but come on there's no keeper, not exactly impressive no matter what way you score a goal in comparison to 40 yard screamers in football that fly past a keeper in a goal that isn't infinitely high verticly.

• 6 months later...

For whatever reason, I was never a huge fan of that goal. Maybe the cynic in me, but don't think he meant to do it.

I always preferred his goals against Leicester and Argentina, very similar in nature, but the control and the finish were brilliant in both examples.

Liam: It's clear he meant to make *a* move with that exact spin in mind. Watching it again, it looks like he's tried to send the ball around the player on the OTHER side to where he's turned and catch up with it around the defender, but both player and ball go on the same side of the defender.

That's my take anyway.