The FA Cup Thread 2010/2011

DFF

If that had have been outside the area Berbatov wouldn't have gone down.

You're right, but we all know why he went down. Players are told to go down when they feel contact else you'll very rarely get a pen. In this case the contact was minimal and the going down looked, and was, a dive. It's hard for refs in situations like this, but in my opinion if he was unsure he should of consulted his liner.

Hey, Gerrard went down because of fresh air against Sheff Utd to get a penalty - yet it was still considered a foul because his chances of getting to the ball had been impeded by the defender.

Granted, it doesn't make the Berbatov decision any less soft, but when penalties are given for contact not even being made, I don't see the big fuss when they're given after the defender clearly makes contact with the attacker.

Crawley Town vs Derby County tomorrow night, I smell a giant killing! :P

Crawley have just taken the lead :D

*Edit

Crawley won 2-1. Derby equalised after about an hour, then Crawley bagged a 91st minute winner! Good times, you gotta love the FA Cup!

Edited by Jordan

• Admin

Lovely bit of abuse for Savage on Twitter. Great banter. Also saw loads of QPR players laying in to Diouf on it, apparently that is set to be investigated. The SFA have already sent out letters to clubs about proper use of social networking following the Babel incident.

A man has been arrested over an attack on Stevenage footballer Scott Laird after the League Two club's 3-1 defeat of Newcastle United in the FA Cup.

The defender was knocked to the ground after the final whistle on Saturday as Stevenage's players celebrated with fans on the pitch at Broadhall Way.

A 24-year-old from Stevenage is being held on suspicion of assault.

Police are still keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the attack on the defender.

Good, what a massive cunt!

A man has been arrested over an attack on Stevenage footballer Scott Laird after the League Two club's 3-1 defeat of Newcastle United in the FA Cup.

The defender was knocked to the ground after the final whistle on Saturday as Stevenage's players celebrated with fans on the pitch at Broadhall Way.

A 24-year-old from Stevenage is being held on suspicion of assault.

Police are still keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the attack on the defender.

Good, what a massive cunt!

Didn't think it'd take long for it. He'd never been near Broadhall Way in his life but people recognised him as a twat from a couple of pubs. Hilariously the Sun have got his girlfriend claiming a relationship and the twat doing it in her honour. Not bad, I assume she's been around the whole team since he approached three players before Laird which shows just how drunk he was before the game that he didn't even know which one he had to deck for her :rolleyes:

I really do love Mark Halsey.

City 3-1 up, Hobbs trips Tevez with no-one between him and the goal apart from the GK, and he gives the pen without carding him - I just love how lenient the guy is.

Tevez missed said pen, but I doubt Leicester are getting back into it., so I've turned on S4C for the Cardiff-Stoke game...in Welsh. Joy.

Useless. I expected us to lose, don't mind that. But we've dominated possession, they've had 4 shots on target and scored the lot. Our young back-up keeper must be getting really fed up having to watch Sullivan lumber around making error after error, looking more like a 60 year old than a 40 year old. God knows I am.

Edited by AdamDRFC

I was looking forward to atleast one 'upset' last night, quite fancied Donny Rovers over Wolves but 5-0?! Also Cardiff looked as if they took Stoke to the limit, but having not seen the game I can't really say.

Leeds vs Arsenal tonight at Elland Road, honestly can't wait for this one. I'm gonna predict Leeds to win 2-1. :)