Black Ops

Guest JukeboxHero

Because it sucked. If you can't kill me by shooting or stabbing, you don't deserve to kill me once you're dead.

I disagree. I loved that perk, it was the greatest. I got many a kill with Martyrdom. I was sad to see it was left out of Black Ops.

The default launcher is really only good for spyplanes and counter spyplanes. The one unlocked at level 30(I'm not sure what it's called) is better for taking down aircraft as you get two shots and and it's more powerful against aircraft. Also to note, just because you shoot at an aircraft doesn't mean it's counted as a takedown, you have to see "Scrapped" pop up near your playercard after you shoot at it.

Worked perfectly fine for me - except for the times I realized I didn't have Ghost as a perk at the time.

Either way, Hardline is absolutely a waste of space when it can be filled with anything else.. especially Ghost. I really don't like relying on the idea of getting to my next killstreak early, especially when they're never a guaranteed kill, and may be wasted quite easily. Marathon is what I use when I have a dry streak of no Second Chance kills - though now that I have pro, there's a chance I can kill the guy who got me and then wait on someone to come save me.

Hardline is not a waste due to the Hardline pro where you can change any package to something else. I end up using the SAM turret, care package, and sentry gun and just change them most of the time. You could end up with gunship without actually going on a long kill streak to get it.

• Like 1

Okay... I got 13 kills and 2 deaths in team deathmatch, by far the best ratio of anyone in the game, and yet I was third since two people got 14 kills. Surely in TEAM Deathmatch ratio should be the most important thing since you've not given the enemy more points for the win? >_>

Also, can't decide whether to stick with Ninja or switch to Marathon.

After having used Ninja for so long I've realised how much I rely on it for hearing others coming, sticking with that. One problem is that to get Ninja Pro I need to use a suppressor, and if I use a suppressor I'll have to go Warlord so I can use that and my trusty red dot sight, and if I switch to Warlord I'll lose my most trusted Sleight of Hand Pro which has saved me more times than I can count. I'm going to have to make the sacrifice in the short term to give myself a benefit in the long term :(

EDIT: How the heck do you dive through windows?

Sprint and then hold the crouch button. Some windows won't let you actually go through them but will break and you'll land on the windowsill. But you can jump all the way through the windows in Nuketown, Villa, and Summit for example. If you have your control layout set to default it is B, if not it's probably the right thumbstick.

I had an amazing game with Eddie and Fitzy last night....I went 25-5 (I managed to get an attack helicopter and attack dogs at the same time....I LOVE Hardline Pro).

Fitzy and Eddie had over 15 I think, similar amount of deaths....everyone else? Not even 8 kills.

Next game, same level.....we get slaughtered.

Correction: YOU guys got slaughtered. I still went 18 and 12. My best game was...33 or 34 and 5 or something like that.

And Benji, see if there's a gun you can use without red dot for the suppressor challenges. Some of the iron sights(meaning no scope attachments) are pretty easy to use, that way you can use your suppressor attachment and keep your sleight of hand.