Black Ops

Also getting it at midnight release. Trading in Medal of Honor which gets me 50% off! :P Really just can't wait, I couldn't give a fuck about the single player, but man, the new aspects of multiplayer look so good. Wager match is going to be wonderful I bet.

My girlfriend wants to get this for PC... I don't think her laptop can handle it though. It's about a year old.

So now she's thinking of getting for X-Box... So I might be in for something down the track when her attention span wanes.

Been playing it for a good 3 hours now, wonderful game. Takes everything MW2 did right and simply adds to it. There are a few pet peeves, a currency system and level unlocks is a bit annoying. I'd prefer to be able to just buy whatever right from the go, except obviously better weapons mean saving money. Haven't really found anything I'm that comfortable with yet, but I've got my custom class semi-interesting. I find myself running around with the Makarov Pistol more than anything else, if I could just get a larger clip I think I'd be killing easy. Slowly getting accustomed to the game, reached level 10, starting with 7:15 K/D's and slowly rising, I'm now averaging about 18-20:8-10 K/D ratio. :) I've only played one game of Wager match so far, but I really loved what I played of Gun Game, so much fun. Just a shame you don't seem to be able to bet much.

As for maps, I'm not so keen on Havana and the one with the spotlight, but other than that they've all been fairly fun. Really, really loved Nuke Town, pretty much confirmed it as my favorite map the second I started playing on it. Wonderful layout, not too big and nice and bright.

God damn was the line massive to get this. Two cops even showed up to see what the fuss was about and ended up wanting the game as well, which was hilarious.

Finally, after being held down by the ball and chain for an hour, I'm finally going to sink my teeth into Black Ops. Can't wait

EDIT: OH SWEET JESUS YES! SPLIT SCREEN ONLINE, FUCKING MINT. I haven't even played a game yet and my mind's been blown. Thank you Treyarch

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

So my girlfriend brought it through Steam(?). And she hasn't even played it yet because she thinks her computer won't be able to run it.

So her stance is..."I brought a $90.00 (AUS) game and now you need to buy a new computer for me to play said game on."

And enough of the blabbering...

As a non-player of the series, although I had about a week of mucking on World @ War (haven't played it since) is this something I can just pick up and run with?

So her stance is..."I brought a $90.00 (AUS) game and now you need to buy a new computer for me to play said game on."

If I were living with someone who had more money than me, I would pull this kind of shit all the time.

On topic... I've played MW & MW2, but none of the other COD games. Does anyone think there will be any value in me picking up World at War before I got Black Ops? Wiki says there's at least one or two characters from WAW in Black Ops, so I just wondered if there might be some kind of vague semi-continuity going on.

• Like 1

If I were living with someone who had more money than me, I would pull this kind of shit all the time.

On topic... I've played MW & MW2, but none of the other COD games. Does anyone think there will be any value in me picking up World at War before I got Black Ops? Wiki says there's at least one or two characters from WAW in Black Ops, so I just wondered if there might be some kind of vague semi-continuity going on.

From what I've read/heard, I don't think WaW would be something you NEED to get in order to understand what's going on. It's not like Modern Warfare where the story continues and there are a lot of tie-ins, as I'm sure the Black Ops are more of just cameos and perhaps vague references that don't affect the overall story. In short, pick it up if it's cheap(or renting it would be better if you just want the story), but I doubt it's going to have a big difference in terms of your understanding and enjoyment of Black Ops storyline.