Bonnaroo 2011

Lowerdeck

Presale tickets (whatever that means) go on sale on Friday. $209 plus fees, so probably low $240s range - while it lasts at that level.

Nothing is confirmed, but considering this is the 10th year they're having it - a few big things are to be expected this go around. And last year's was pretty awesome, minus the ungodly heat and humidity.

So, anyone plan on going? Or want to? (Besides Tristy, since he's right in the area anyway)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I'm getting the Black Friday tickets or not, but either way, I'll be at the farm again next year. I've head rumors that they're trying to bring back a lot of headliners from the past incarnations. I know My Morning Jacket is already heavily rumored to be there.

I doubt Phish will be there again so soon, when June 2011 rolls around, it'll only be 2 years since they last played. I see it being My Morning Jacket, Arcade Fire, and Paul McCartney. I think the potential backlash for U2 playing Bonnaroo is too great to risk, just stick with trying to get those three, I say. I could REALLY see Kanye doing his 2008-scheduled Which Stage headlining set next year. I think he's redeemed himself, and could change a lot of people's minds about himself. Although, he's apologized for calling George Bush racist, but not for his fuckery of his set that night, and his CAPS LOCK blog post totally ripping into SuperFly and AC Entertainment/Bonnaroo. So, probably not.

All of that said... I'm still praying for Daft Punk as a Saturday night headliner on the What Stage. I can barely imagine the insanity. That would be the biggest, most fun party on the face of the earth, for that one night.

I care about Bonnaroo way too much. I still have my wristband on.

No idea on Liquid Swords 2

Presale tickets already sold out - Level 1 ($209) within 10 minutes, Level 2 ($224) within two hours. Last year it apparently took a week and five weeks respectively to sell this much. This is gonna be big, or better be.

I still plan on going though, just have to wait till whenever to get tickets... and get the time off from work confirmed.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Wow. Yeah, I remember the first tier of presale last year took forever to sell out it seemed. Never got around to ordering mine until tax return season, and it came with a hefty price tag. Looks like this year will be more of the same. Except I might get it next week, or after Christmas.

That's good news, though, even if it means I'll have to spend more money. More people at Bonnaroo the better!

I don't think that they will have tickets go on sale again until January or so. At least that is what I gathered from their last announcement on Facebook.

We're completely sold out for the Bonnaroo 2011 Holiday pre-sale! This is by far the fastest Bonnaroo pre-sale sell out ever. We're blown away by your response and can't wait to celebrate our 10th Birthday with you down on the farm. We'll be announcing the line up and official on-sale dates as usual in late January / early February. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• 2 months later...

I'd have to think at least one of the following five will be there: Phish, MMJ, Widespread Panic, Arcade Fire, U2

Well, I got three of the five right.

* Eminem

* Arcade Fire

* Widespread Panic

* The Black Keys

* Buffalo Springfield feat Richie Furay, Stephen Stills, Neil Young, Rick Rosas, Joe Vitale

* My Morning Jacket

* Lil Wayne

* String Cheese Incident

* Robert Plant & Band of Joy

* Mumford & Sons

* The Strokes

* The Decemberists

* Ray Lamontagne

* Bassnectar

* Iron & Wine

* Girl Talk

* Primus

* Dr. John and The Original Meters performing Desitively Bonnaroo

* Alison Krauss & Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas

* Pretty Lights

* Florence & the Machine

* Superjam ft. Dan Auerbach and Dr. John

* Explosions in the Sky

* STS9

* Gogol Bordello

* Beirut

* Big Boi

* Scissor Sisters

* Gregg Allman

* Ratatat

* Global Gypsy Punk Revue curated by Eugene Hütz

* Robyn

* Warren Haynes Band

* Deerhunter

* Opeth

* Atmosphere

* Old Crow Medicine Show

* Bootsy Collins & the Funk University

* Wiz Khalifa

* Matt & Kim

* Grace Potter & the Nocturnals

* The Del McCoury Band and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band

* Mavis Staples

* Béla Fleck & the Flecktones

* Chiddy Bang

* Jovanotti

* Bruce Hornsby & the Noisemakers

* Loretta Lynn

* Cold War Kids

* The Walkmen

* Devotchka

* Wanda Jackson

* Neon Trees

* Portugal. The Man

* Sleigh Bells

* Amos Lee

* Best Coast

* Dãm-Funk

* The Sword

* The Drums

* The Black Angels

* School of Seven Bells

* J. Cole

* Nicole Atkins & the Black Sea

* Wavves

* !!!

* Junip

* Freelance Whales

* Justin Townes Earle

* Ryan Bingham

* Deer Tick

* Band of Skulls

* Sharon Van Etten

* Abigail Washburn

* Omar Souleyman

* Twin Shadow

* Kylesa

* Man Man

* The Low Anthem

* Alberta Cross

* Railroad Earth

* Jessica Lea Mayfield

* Smith Westerns

* The Head and the Heart

* Karen Elson

* Beats Antique

* 22-20s

* Phosphorescent

* Clare MaGuire

* Hayes Carll

Is it June 9th yet?

and Buffalo Springfield? That one came from left field.

I'm ordering my ticket on Saturday. I could do without Eminem, but I'm sure I'll get dragged to it to hear the obvious singles and classics. PSYCHED for Lil' Wayne.

Arcade Fire, Black Keys, My Morning Jacket, the Strokes, Iron & Wine, Girl Talk, Primus, Explosions in the Sky, Beirut, Big Boi, Robyn, Deerhunter, Opeth, Atmosphere, Sleigh Bells, Best Coast, the Sword, Wavves, !!!, Twin Shadow, Jessica Lea Mayfield.

Fuck yeah. That's not even the entire line-up yet either. March always brings more names, with a few decent ones. I'm expecting Massive Attack and Black Star.

Ditto Saturday.

For me it looks like: Arcade Fire, Black Keys, MMJ, M&S, Decemberists, Bassnectar (the set last year looked nuts), Florence, Warren Haynes, Del McCoury w/ Preservation Hall, BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!!, The Sword, Ryan Bingham, OCMS. Obligatory Eminem singles and classics appearance. Not sure how I feel about Lil' Wayne.

Did you hear about the replacement of tickets for some kind of new wristband with a microchip in it? I'm dead serious, if you knew/saw anyone with a VIP wristband last year, that's when they started this. It's a good idea, especially in the wake of LCD's scalper problems for their last show. Just sucks I won't be able to wear that bracelet year 'round like I have with my 2010 one.

Thursday, June 9th

Explosions in the Sky (Myspace)

Atmosphere (Myspace)

The Walkmen (Myspace)

Portugal. The Man (Band Website)

The Sword (Band Website)

Nicole Atkins & the Black Sea (Myspace)

Band of Skulls (Band Website)

Twin Shadow (Band Website)

Karen Elson (Myspace)

STS9 (Myspace)

School of Seven Bells Windish)

Deerhunter (Windish)

Best Coast (Windish)

The Head and the Heart (Myspace)

Friday, June 10th

Arcade Fire (Insider)

My Morning Jacket (Insider)

Primus (Facebook)

Opeth (Band Website)

Grace Potter & the Nocturnals (Band Website)

Béla Fleck & the Flecktones (Website)

Kylesa (Myspace)

The Warren Haynes Band (Pollstar)

Matt and Kim (Facebook)

Phosphorescence Windish)

??Hanni El Khatib?? (Windish)

Justin Townes Earle (Pollstar)

Saturday, June 11th

Eminem (Insider)

The Black Keys (Band Website) (Insider)

Bassnectar (Band Website)

Old Crow Medicine Show (Band Website)

Jovanotti (Windish)

Wiz Khalifa COS)

Girl Talk(Windish)

Mumford and Sons (Band Website)

Sunday, June 12th

Widespread Panic (Insider)

Robert Plant and the Band of Joy (Insider)

Dãm-Funk (Myspace)

Junip (Band Website)

Ryan Bingham (Band Website)

The Low Anthem (Band Website)

Smith Westerns (Myspace)

Robyn (Pitchfork)

Bruce Hornsby & the Noisemakers (Band Website)

Amos Lee (Band Website)

This gives you an idea of what the final schedule might look like. Of course, come June, all of this can change, but for now, certain bands have certain dates listed. Doesn't mean it's for sure, though. Most acts put down Thursday since it's the 1st day of the festival. I doubt timeslots and whatnot have even been discussed at this point. Way too early.

Some just seemed fairly obvious what day and time they would be on, particularly the headliners. WSP has to be the Sunday closer. Eminem is probably in the Jay-Z timeslot. Lil' Wayne probably has Which Stage late night Friday or Saturday. Plant and Hornsby will end up on Sunday afternoon before MMJ. Arcade Fire will probably get Friday night like KoL. So does that put Black Keys or Buffalo Springfield before Eminem on Saturday or Arcade Fire on Friday?

Black Keys before Arcade Fire on Friday, My Morning Jacket late night set (Which or What?). I see Weezy on the Which. This is the only day he can play, unless he does a daytime set on Saturday. Two big hip hop names on the same day, though... I don't see it happening. And Saturday, I see Buffalo Springfield being the preheadliner before Eminem plays unopposed.

AF and MMJ are definitely playing on the same day, though, back to back. There are a lot of big names on the card this year, pretty awesome if you ask me. As long as Arcade Fire and Weezy don't conflict, I'll be golden.