Bonnaroo 2011

Lowerdeck

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LD, PM me your number. Anyone else that is going that wants to catch a show or have a beer or two, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my number too.

I think LittleDaniel is going? and PH4E. damshow is MIA again :P

Weaksauce on Damshow.

Yeah, I hope to run into some y'all this weekend, whoever else is down here.

I'm at "camp" right now sitting here drinking a Fat Tire. Probably gonna head up to Yazoo in Nashville later on, get a couple beers, then swing down to the farm for Band of Skulls and the Broo'ers Festival if I can.

I been up since 3:45 in the morning Eastern. It's already been a long freaking day and it's only 1:30 pm Central now...

I'm coming?

Ohhh, you might be mixing this up with Plan-It X Fest, which I'm going to in about two weeks. Or, I think I also made a post about the Fest down in Gainesville, but that's not until Halloween.

Plus, myself and Lowerdeck can't be in the same place at once, or else we'll have to battle to the death for the right to be called "LD."

I went to Band of Skulls last night, which was pretty good. Then I got tired and went back to camp, had been a really long day yesterday.

This morning I was at the Inforoo Brunch. Again back to camp now. But I'll be back out there later. It's just hot as hell out here now. At least it's not as humid as last year, the dewpoints being in the low 60s (compared to mid 70s last year) right now really helps.

Tristy did you ever text me? And you're the only one down here?

Having a big debate right now between MMJ (who I saw on webcast last weekend) vs. Game 5 of Bruins/Canucks. Arcade Fire I'm definitely down for later. Trying to save up energy now for Bassnectar and Shpongle late night. Shpongle might be a stretch since I'm on mornings mode still.

My Morning Jacket and Arcade Fire were amazing. I'm quite disappointed in Lil' Wayne. We stayed an hour then walked out like everyone else. Definitely more of a Beasties(mediocre) at Bonnaroo rather than Jay-Z (awesome). Oh well, hopefully Eminem is better, I guess.

Lowerdeck, I've been posting off of my phone for the last few days and I don't know how to check PMs on the mobile version. I'm headed home now though for the night so i'll grab it and give you a call when we go back in. I'll actually be wearing an Inforoo shirt from 07 tomorrow (wore a white OFWGKTA with pink font today, if you saw a guy wearing that)

Yah, I think I should have seen MMJ over the hockey game. Boston lost 1-0.

Arcade Fire was really good. I saw half of Grace Potter, was really good but I got really tired mid afternoon. By the time I woke up and went back to Centeroo, I caught the end of the Decemberists - because Opeth was just ending. And the Decemberists seemed to have been given 15 minutes too much on the schedule.

I caught the first half of Bassnectar, was a pretty good show. But I was getting tired again. Did Weezy start after AF or what was going on at the Which?

Weezy started at 1:30 AM, it was after Arcade Fire but it was like an hour wait, I think. Everyone migrated from the What to the Which immediately after AF, it was horrible. Leaving the Which stage was bad too, everyone was camped out for, I guess Sphongle or Bassnectar, I'm not sure.

Bassnectar had a huge fucking crowd, it was ridiculous. I got there after AF and I swear 5k+ people camped out over at This.

I left about a third of the way through Bassnectar, and missed Shpongle. Was tired, ah well.

Tomorrow I'm looking to get to the Broo'ers tent before Bruce Hornsby, maybe Ryan Bingham or Mavis Staples. I'll def be at Bruce though. Red Sox hat, probably a Sox shirt, hanging out in a 10 dollar Walmart chair. Wanna get a beer beforehand? PM me your number or something. Though I swear, it's like fucking impossible to get inbound texts and calls on the farm. I can go outbound just fine, inbound never works on that side of 24.

So this weekend's grand total:

Thursday

Band of Skulls

Would have liked to have stayed around, I heard Sleigh Bells was good. But, I was tired. Just came down for Skulls really, since I heard they were decent blues-rock.

Friday

Bela Fleck and Flecktones

Grace Potter and Nocturnals (part)

The Decemberists (part)

Bruins Game 5

Arcade Fire

Bassnectar (part)

After this, something tells me I should have seen a bit more here. Especially ya know, MMJ over the Bruins losing. Grace Potter was good, but I needed my mid-afternoon break there. Skipped Graveyard because I was at the Brunch too long. Decemberists had a time slot a little too long me thinks. Got tired during Bassnectar and left, made easier by the fact it seemed 5k people camped out by This for it.

Saturday

Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears

Old Crow Medicine Show (part)

Black Uhuru (part)

+

Mumford and Sons (part)

!!!

Black Keys (part)

Buffalo Springfield (part)

Arcade Fire

Dr. John/Meters/Alan Toussaint

Black Joe Lewis is solid. Went to the Broo'ers Tent before my afternoon break, heard some OCMS from there. Came back for the end of Black Uhuru - which I wish I coulda saw all of. Went to Portugal. The Man, but was looking at my schedule and saw Bruce Hornsby was doing autograph signings. Went down there for that instead. Guy is mad chill, and LD is happy for the weekend. Amos Lee is on the Sonic Stage in the background while I'm in line, so I guess I'll count that as a part.

Leave there for Mumford & Sons, which really should be on the What not the Which. The crowd for this is huge, and in traditional fashion sucks. I'm all the way back near the Miller Lite Stage, and the crowd back here does not shut the fuck up ever. So I just get tired of not being able to hear the band and leave. End up walking over towards Bootsy Collins, but got sidetracked by !!!. Wasn't familiar with them, so it was a pleasant surprise.

I like the Keys, but was taking my sweet time working my way over to the What. Eventually I sat down in the back corner of the Which where I could also hear the What in the background... try and camp out in one spot for everything. That plan failed as it rained before Buff. Over to That Tent to hide from the storm. Rain stops, went to Broo'ers Tent. Back to music from there.

Sunday

Ryan Bingham and Dead Horses

Bruce Hornsby

Superjam

Widespread Panic (part)

I could have done more exploring here. But, I spent a lot of time camping out for Hornsby and the Superjam. Wasn't really digging Panic early on and left. Traffic getting out was worse than last year, easily. A lot of people ended up having the same idea.