Bonnaroo 2011

Lowerdeck

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now we're a month away.

Being in the daily grind of work and all that, plus two festivals before this - I'm not quite as excited as I was this time last year. Or maybe something is just wrong with me.

When does the schedule usually come out too?

Around this time. I'd say either next week or the week after. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was this week, actually. Their announcements usually come on a Tuesday or Thursday. Anytime after 2 weeks from now is seriously pushing it, I'd hate to see them pull a Coachella and release it a few days/week before the first day.

It definitely doesn't feel like Bonnaroo season, but that might be because the weather here lately has been pure shit. But I'm sure in a few weeks/days when the hippies start rolling into the area, that I'll get the Bonnaroo fever again like I always do. Especially with a carnival being held next door to where I work this summer. :P

Well, I didn't jump on volunteering because around the time I would have my car died (and with it my way to get there). Knowing I'm buying a new car I don't know if I can afford the full ticket. It's a month away so I have to decide soon, but I'm just letting Tristy know that I might bail on you again buddy because nothing ever goes right for me.

God fucking damn it, this looks like an almost otherworldly awesome festival. Why don't I live in America, why? :angry: Primus, Black Keys, Kylesa, Iron & Wine, The Sword, I could go on.

But no vacation and no money means no being the sole Danish EWB'er at Bonnaroo. :(

Thursday:

Waves 6:00-7:00

Best Coast 7:15 - 8:15

Sleigh Bells 10:15 - 11:15

Deerhunter 11:30 - 12:45

Friday:

420 Comedy Blaze 12:30 - 1:45

The Sword 3:30 - 4:45

Opeth 5:15 - 6:30

My Morning Jacket 8:00 - 10:00

Arcade Fire 11:00 - 12:30

Lil' Wayne 1:30 - 3:00

Saturday:

Alison Krauss 4:00 - 5:30

Wiz Khalifa 5:50 - 7:00

DeVotchKa 7:00 - 8:30

The Black Keys 8:00 - 9:30

Eminem 11:00 - 12:30

GirlTalk 2:30 - 4:00

Sunday:

Iron & Wine 4:30 - 6:00

Explosions in the Sky 6:45 - 8:15

Widespread Panic 8:30 - 11:00

Thursday: how bad is it getting in there off 24 later that evening?

Friday:

The Sword 3:30-4:45

Warren Haynes 4-5:30

Decemberists 5:30-7

Del McCoury/Preservation Hall 7:30-9

MMJ 8-10 (at least partial)

Arcade Fire 11-12:30

Bassnectar 12:30-2

Saturday

Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears 12:30-1:30

OCMS 2-3:15

Black Uhuru 3:30-5 (or Alison Krauss?)

Mumford and Sons 6:15-7:45

Black Keys 8-9:30

Buffalo Springfield 9:30-11

Em 11-12:30

Dr. John vs. Bootsy Collins = sad LD

Sunday

Ryan Bingham 1:30-2:15

Bruce Hornsby 2:45-4

Superjam 7-8:30

WSP

Tons of minor conflicts on Fri and Sat. Sun (and Thurs if I get there then) could be a lot of floating about wherever. Saturday is gonna be a long fucking day. If it wasn't for Inforoo brunch, I could easily skip Friday till mid-afternoon.

Depends on how late Thursday you're talking about. Once night falls, mostly everyone has settled in. There will still be people showing up, yeah, but we were in line at 7am last year on Thursday and still didn't get in until about 11 or maybe even 12:30.

I'm tempted to see Bootsy, only because the rumor floating about is that Buckethead will be with him.

I'm down for a meet-up at 'Roo, but going to Murfreesboro is out of the way for me that weekend, it's 2 towns over in the opposite direction of Bonnaroo from where I am :P