The Ashes

Lineker

Another good day for England yesterday - Cook's still playing brilliantly, and Pietersen looks to be closing in on a century. With Collingwood and Bell to come, they should be looking towards the 550 mark and then declare.

Ok, it's some way off, but ideally England would bat all the way through day 3 and some of day 4, before giving themselves the better part of two days to bowl the Aussies out. The first session is key tonight, which I'll be able to watch. Yay for having Sunday's and Monday's off work!

Anyone else tuning in?

When a local reporter asked James Anderson whether, in view of his four-wicket haul on Friday, he felt like ‘the enforcer’, his puzzled expression mirrored the mood among the visiting media.

Subsequent investigations revealed the questioner was referring to Arn ‘The Enforcer’ Anderson, a former exponent of WWE slam-dunk wrestling.

Still none the wiser, really.

From the Daily Mail. Thought it was a funny comparison to make.

I was just about to post that (Y)

Pietersen looks in good touch, I'm hoping he can get at least 250 before we declare, although 300 would be great, would really kick the Aussie bowlers when they're down. It wouldn't surprise me if Strauss tells Bell and KP to go for some big shots early tonight so we can have 5 sessions to bowl at them though.

England really need to consider declaring and making Australia bat from the get-go on day 4. The forecast is for showers, so it could be a bit stop-start, and the last days weather is supposed to be even worse - so yeah, if England are gonna win, they should just have a bowl.

Gonna be hard for the Aussies to bat through this, especally if the bowling is anything like the first innings. Time to set Anderson on them and wath the wickets fall!

Think it depends what the opening three of the Aussies can do. A good partnership from Katich and Watson, followed by a good innings from Ponting and they should stand a good chance of getting the draw. Lose two of the three early and it could be a long struggle, as Hussey can't stop saving them all the time.

Think it depends what the opening three of the Aussies can do. A good partnership from Katich and Watson, followed by a good innings from Ponting and they should stand a good chance of getting the draw. Lose two of the three early and it could be a long struggle, as Hussey can't stop saving them all the time.

No, they don't stand a good chance to draw. They were down 375 were they not? That's not a good chance to draw.

No, they don't stand a good chance to draw. They were down 375 were they not? That's not a good chance to draw.

I'm saying if the opening three guys all put on a good set of numbers then they may stand a chance. Good scores from each, plus Hussey and Haddin to come in and keep things under control and they can get a draw. Weather isn't looking good for tomorrow's play either which will help them along.

Well, that was a crappy performance to finish a test match.

Here's how Australia stand now

Katich - was not at his best, but will be a massive loss with his injury.

Watson - batting OK, but not bowling very often or particularly well.

Ponting - done absolutely NOTHING. Even though he's currently captain, drop him now and pass the captaincy on.

Clarke - finally had a good innings, can hopefully find some form

Hussey - the one batsman who really looks good. Just needs more support around him

North - continues to struggle, should be dropped and given time to get back in form

Haddin - not at his best, but should be able to get back well

Harris - bowling fast and accurately, but having not much success

Doherty - doesn't seem to be doing enough, but has deserved a chance

Siddle - takes a hat-trick in Brisbane, and then goes quiet. Tough to drop him when he can perform like that on occasions

Bollinger - might be injured, which would explain his below average bowling

Johnson - could be the key to our hopes of winning if he can get back to his best

Hilfenhaus - unlucky to be dropped when he seemed to do fairly well with not much luck. Get him back in.

What I would have as the team for Perth (but it won't happen)

P Jaques

S Watson

B Hodge

M Clarke

M Hussey

G Bailey

B Haddin

M Johnson

N Hauritz

R Harris

B Hilfenhaus

12th Man: P Siddle

Jaques and Bailey are really only there because I really don't know who should replace Katich and Ponting. Hughes is an option too, along with Cowan and a lot of others

• 2 weeks later...

Collingwood is the best acrobatic fielder ever, no doubt about it.

Bwahaha, Australia are shit, so so bad and England are so much better, 2005 we edged them, 2009 we edged them but I've never seen England dominate an Ashes series this much in my lifetime.

Edited by Version Dan