Asian Cup Thread... I guess

LUKIE

Asian Cup is in the middle of group stages. Australia thumped India 4-1 in their first game, and are playing tonight against Bahrain I think.

But last night, this happened:

And it was a hiliariously shit decision. And then a couple of minutes later, he awarded a penalty to Japan, as a make-up penalty, which won Japan the game.

I just wanted to post that. I have never seen a keeper get red carded for a foul on an offside player before.

I'm rooting for Jordan in this, basically just for namesake reasons :P Jordan drew their opening game 1-1 against Japan, however it took a last minute equaliser from Japan to deny Jordan the three points and also the Unofficial Football World Champions title too. A 1-0 win yesterday against Saudi Arabia puts them in a good position to qualify from their group. Come On Jordan!!

What drugs are you on? He's offside by about two meters. That's not a red card 'any day', it's never a fucking red. The only chance it could be a red if the keeper had actually assaulted the player or something. He dived in for the ball and only JUST missed it. It's offside, it never is and never should be a penalty. No clue what football you've been watching.

Of course rooting for Korea here.

The player was offside, the goalie didn't get the ball, ended up tackling the player, who was the last man back.. offside or not.

Red card any day.

Never a red in a million years. Only way it could have been a red is if they keeper committed violet conducted (eg. kicking or punching another player), but that was only a professional foul on a player who was miles offside, so the offside takes precedent as that was the first offence being made.

The player was offside, the goalie didn't get the ball, ended up tackling the player, who was the last man back.. offside or not.

Red card any day.

Absolutely wrong. If anyone its obstruction on the keeper who's trying to get to a ball heading towards goal. Said obstruction makes the player active, meaning its offside. Anything that happens after that barring violent conduct is irrelevant. Its as wrong as that Arsenal pen that wasn't given against Leeds, choosing to give an offside that happens afterwards instead. Order of events is hugely important, and the referee in both cases was incorrect.

Iran beat North Korea 1-0 yesterday followed by Iraq beating UAE 1-0 too, a 90th minute OG sealing Iraq's first points of the competition.

Today Saudi Arabia, who are already aliminated, take on Japan. And Jordan :w00t: play Syria. These are the final Group B matches, if Japan win and better Jordan's result then they finish top of the group, Syria must beat Jordan to overtake them into second place.

I got that completely wrong, those games are tomorrow ^^^^

Today is China vs Uzbekistan and Qatar vs Kuwait to complete Group A.

Edited by Jordan

Today's results;

China 2 – 2 Uzbekistan

Qatar 3 – 0 Kuwait

That means Group A is complete, Uzbekistan top the group with 7pts and Qatar come second with 6pts. China just missed out of qualification on 4pts whilst Kuwait finished bottom failing to score a point in the three group games. Uzbekistan plays the runners-up of Group B in the Quarter Finals, whilst Qatar take on the winners of Group B.

Today's reaults;

Jordan 2-1 Syria

Saudi Arabia 0-5 Japan

This completes Gorup B, Japan finish top with 7pts and Jordan qualify second :w00t: also with 7pts but with an inferior goal difference. Syria finish third in the group with 3pts whilst Saudi Arabia finish bottom after failing to score a single point. Japan play Qatar in the Quarter-Finals whilst Jordan play Uzbekistan, both games take place on the 21st.

Today's reaults;

Jordan 2-1 Syria

Saudi Arabia 0-5 Japan

This completes Gorup B, Japan finish top with 7pts and Jordan qualify second :w00t: also with 7pts but with an inferior goal difference. Syria finish third in the group with 3pts whilst Saudi Arabia finish bottom after failing to score a single point. Japan play Qatar in the Quarter-Finals whilst Jordan play Uzbekistan, both games take place on the 21st.

I remember when Saudi Arabia didn't used to entirely suck.