2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

It's weird, that's been the book on Weeks defensively forever and yet advanced metrics have plugged him as an above average defender at 2B for the last 3 years. He has a tendency to make errors but what runs he gives away with those mental mistakes he tends to take back with his range. His offensive profile is elite for the position and given his age he can most likely be remain a reasonable facsimile of himself for another 2-3 years. I agree that Braun is a franchise player, but I disagree that Weeks is the guy you move to restock the system. Take the picks for K-Rod, consider shopping Marcum/Greinke, but only based on the market. Hold on to Gallardo for now as he's under control through 2013. I think given the money committed to Weeks, unless teams are throwing insane packages at adding SP it makes more sense trying to find another 1B on the free agent market and let the potentially 6 comp picks for Fielder, K-Rod, Betancourt and Saito expedite a reboot of the farm system. Otherwise it seems like you end up making the Braun extension look lean during the peak years and expecting a lot from his decline phase.

Guest JukeboxHero

As an Indians fan, I'd love to see that happen. But I'm saving any World Series hopes and comments until September, personally. I think they can make the playoffs, at least.

With just the surreal nature of a potential Indians/Pirates World Series, I think that could actually get some added attention to the WS.

The surreal nature of Phillies/Rays didn't add any attention. Unfortunately both teams are 3rd place in popularity in their respective cities and it will likely always be that way. The Browns are Cleveland and as we all know the Steelers are Pittsburgh (and Kentucky, West Virginia, and parts of Western Maryland).

The Pirates have not been good since I was six years old.

This is surreal.

And when I consider that I'm working these games night in and night out and that I'm closer to the action than I ever thought I would be.

This is nuts.

Raise The Jolly Roger!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ahCqEJEg5U

yeah, it's a horrible fucking call. When a call gets blown that badly it's hard not to see it as one of those instances where it's a perfect place for instant replays in baseball.