Which is your favourite footy game mode?

27 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite mode?

• Friendlies all the time
    • One-off tournaments
    • Master League / seasons
    • Be a Legend (Libero Grande mode)
    • Online online online

When you sit down to play Pro Evo / FIFA .....any others?! Which mode do you end up playing the most?

On Pro Evo I just end up playing the Be A Legend mode all the time because I like the one man thing, the story of how you move on, get transfers, improve....the league, World Cup, Champions League etc etc.

What do you end up playing the MOST and why?

I prefer playing as the whole team, but get the most fun out of a game when it's with a mate controlling the team against either the AI or Online opposition.

I can't get into BAP/BAL at all. I don't go more than a few games without being hugely frustrated by how awful my AI team-mates can be at times, even if you're playing for a big club.

My main issue with football games since the ''next gen'' consoles were released is the fact that a lot of the time, playing on a higher difficulty doesn't change much at all in the way the opposition AI go about things. Yes, they play at a faster tempo, but more often than not, it's your own teams AI that gets gradually worse to provide the challenge, rather than the oppo being smarter.

Back to ''modes'' and even if you aren't a big PES fan, you can't help but love the Chanmpions League mode. It's presented so well. Hearing the anthem after you pick

your team and assign teams to groups is good, but seeing the players line-up on the pitch with it playing in the background before the game is just amazing. I watch it every time.

• Like 1

I don't play PES, so Manager or Career mode is the thing I play by far the most. I'm like that with every sports game, I'm not one who plays too many friendlies. Usually pick my favourite team or else it won't last long. Longest I ever did was with Leicester in 08 or something. Played at least 10 seasons with probably an average of 20 games played per season

I prefer playing as the whole team, but get the most fun out of a game when it's with a mate controlling the team against either the AI or Online opposition.

I can't get into BAP/BAL at all. I don't go more than a few games without being hugely frustrated by how awful my AI team-mates can be at times, even if you're playing for a big club.

My main issue with football games since the ''next gen'' consoles were released is the fact that a lot of the time, playing on a higher difficulty doesn't change much at all in the way the opposition AI go about things. Yes, they play at a faster tempo, but more often than not, it's your own teams AI that gets gradually worse to provide the challenge, rather than the oppo being smarter.

Back to ''modes'' and even if you aren't a big PES fan, you can't help but love the Chanmpions League mode. It's presented so well. Hearing the anthem after you pick

your team and assign teams to groups is good, but seeing the players line-up on the pitch with it playing in the background before the game is just amazing. I watch it every time.

This. Just about every word, this.

TBH, after the first few weeks of a new Pro Evo being on release, I only really touch it now and again to play random friendlies; nearly always after seeing a team on TV and thinking, "Ooh, I'll have a quick match as them," then I'll play said match and not play the game again for another few weeks until the situation arrises again.

Yeah, i've only really played Clubs on FIFA 11. On 10 I played lots of everything really. Not so much of BAP really caus the AI annoyed me. Played lots of Manager mode with Leeds and got them up to the Prem. Quite a bit of Ultimate Team and tons of Clubs.

This year I got a few months into a player/manager career with Mansfield with my Pro at CB but stopped playing. Didn't really touch the 'player' aspect of the career mode aside from 1 or 2 games. Ultimate Team didn't really draw me in either. I guess I was just a little burnt out after playing so much of last years, that and there's no achievements for UT this year. Feel inspired to go back to career mode now though.

• Like 1

I always get bored doing the manager mode/master league type thing. there isn't enough variety in the game mode to keep me interested and I like playing as a number of different teams.

I like playing the World Cup mode on WC 2010 as all 32 teams and flipping a coin to decide who I play as in each game. :shifty:

PES 5's Master League Mode, I did 15 seasons on that.

Now, it's FIFA's Be a Pro, being the English Lionel Messi of the Hyundai A-League.

This year I got a few months into a player/manager career with Mansfield with my Pro at CB but stopped playing. Didn't really touch the 'player' aspect of the career mode aside from 1 or 2 games. Ultimate Team didn't really draw me in either. I guess I was just a little burnt out after playing so much of last years, that and there's no achievements for UT this year. Feel inspired to go back to career mode now though.

I haven't touched it for those reasons, either. It's like they thought "Hey, it's free - so we won't bother going to the trouble of giving you a reason to play it!" - so annoying.

I would hope UT is part of FIFA 12 from the get-go, seeing as it's gotten cheaper each year, and free this time. It'll probably have trophies/achievements then. Let's hope for a better set for 12, as 11's are awful, worse than 10's. :/

Just did a quick (wikipedia :shifty: ) research and it was indeed the 99 ISS I started on, having had the slightly different N64 version of 98. Its also reminded me of the confusing situation in the early days of PS2 where Konami Osaka knocked out a fairly meh ISS game, followed shortly afterwards by Konami Tokyos first Pro Evo proper. Thankfully that didn't last long, and the superior Tokyo team (that had put out the PS1 games) continued.

In the run-up to the World Cup me and a few mates would play on the same team, trying to win the World Cup as New Zealand on the hardest difficulty. That was awesome, probably my favourite game mode because it's the most social. Either that or get half of you on one team and half on another team and just go mental.

A couple of years ago I found that first Pro Evo for the PS1. WIth great delight I played it and realised that while it was amaaazing at the time it's really laggy and unresponsive and limited now. Memories are best kept as that generally. ^_^

Michael Owen is ruddy fast though, and Carlos freekicks rule. I went back to Pro Evo 2 for PS2 a while back, its still playable. Love the fact that the English teams to pick are the current (or last years) big 4, Villa, West Ham, Newcastle and Leeds.

FIFA would be better because it has all the official kits and players so you'll recognise more about what's going on. Pro Evo has the wrong names for English teams and a lot of the international and English teams don't have proper kits. I'm one of the (small) group who think Pro Evo is a better game but FIFA is licensed and when you're starting out then that can help. Pro Evo seems to assume that you know stuff about the sport.