2011 MLS Season Thread

HailtotheYo

This is one of the very few times I'm actually in favor of this happening. "The mold" needs to be broken in MLS in order for the entire group of clubs to move upward. This is a move that helps chip away at the 'Hunt era' ownership. We've finally got several quality coaches in the league and they're all doing the same thing in just a slightly different way.

Backe

Nowak

Kreis

Arena

Hyndman

They're all building teams in a non traditional MLS fashion. At this juncture, that's good for the league.

Very nice ...

I sold my half season package for DCU :( Charlie Davies is the only reason I was sad to leave Maryland. Middle deck of the stadium, 4 rows up. Fantastic seats in terms of seeing the game.

I cannot freaking wait until SKC's stadium opens. Dear Lord it's going to be lovely.

We have DC United tonight in the U.S. Open Cup play-in. Then Saturday night, in primetime, we play the Red Bulls and I'll be there front and center. Doop doop doop! ^_^

Ya dick. I'll be there with 2 friends of mine, but we're back in like, section 130 with the poor college folks :P

...and yes, Meacon, I shamelessly stole your avatar<3

Edited by Szumi

Fucking finally, Sounders! Good win against Chicago, Mauro Rosales is proving to be a serious asset to the team and Keller made some wicked saves. I also really wish that I could go to the away game vs. Philly next weekend, except I doubt Sean or LD would be for it at all and it'd probably conflict with the CHIKARA Fan Conclave (which looks kind of lame this year).

Well, my throat is scratched to hell and back. We sure as hell didn't look pretty, but damn it, a win is a win, and I'll take it. And the atmosphere at PPL was fantastic. Looking to go back next month.

I dunno man. I was at the end of section 130, by the away supporters, and I wasn't too impressed with the crowd. Seemed like you need to be in the supporters section to get a good atmosphere. Everywhere else seemed flat. Doesn't help that some French bastard tried to pick a fight with me when my roommate yelled at Le Toux for fucking up an easy 4-on-1 play at the end of the match. Seriously, I love Le Toux and all, but he was pretty shitty for most of that match.

We didn't necessarily deserve the win, but I'll take it!

So how much did NYRB look like Arsenal for that match ? Jeebus. Controlled 70m of the match and dominated possession for most of it. Clanked the post and the cross bar, and then shit the bed for 2 seconds and lost the match. I mean wow.

If I'm a NY fan though, I saw glimpses of just how good this team could end up being. They moved around very well several times during the match ... and holy fuck is Solli a machine.

Um ... so Dive of the year might have been sown up by Davies. And RSL is the best team in the league right now, period. Their stinking reserve team (just about) beat NE without even breaking a sweat. They rested the majority of the first team guys due to the CCL match in Costa Rica this week and they barely had to try to beat NE.

Glad Dallas finally woke up too. Ferreira with the brace and things finally clicked for them.

So how much did NYRB look like Arsenal for that match ? Jeebus. Controlled 70m of the match and dominated possession for most of it. Clanked the post and the cross bar, and then shit the bed for 2 seconds and lost the match. I mean wow.

If I'm a NY fan though, I saw glimpses of just how good this team could end up being. They moved around very well several times during the match ... and holy fuck is Solli a machine.

Yeah. We didn't look as terrible in the second half, but NYRB completely dominated us in the first half. We couldn't get the ball past midfield in the first forty-five to save our lives.

The Timbers Army singing the National Anthem was fucking class. It was one hell of a moment, no matter who you're a fan of or what league you're a fan of. People talk about "moments" and that was definitely one of them. The atmosphere in Portland was Bundesliga-esque in my opinion. First fucking rate.

Bravo.

Feilhaber-2.jpg

So Chivas passes and when commenting, they say that Benny's salary was something they didn't want to take on and that their #1 spot would be better used in the summer .... so yeah, in the summer when the players coming back to the US would be either lesser quality or as much or more than Benny's salary. That would be the reason you're dead last and absolutely suck Chivas.

Philly says no thanks but that's due to how the team is being built.

NE claims him ... and is deciding whether to trade him or not. Really ? You're actually thinking about NOT having Joseph and Benny in your midfield ? wow