2011 MLS Season Thread

HailtotheYo

I've watched the last 2 games mainly to see if Henry would break the drought last time. The near misses and the commentators reactions to each of them were hilarious. The beatdown tonight was fun to watch as well. In short, if I watch Henry scores and the team plays amazingly well. Under my watchful eye they're 2-0 with 7 GF/0 GA this season, be nervous MLS fans!

Brian Mullan broke Steve Zakuani .... his right leg to be exact. 3m into the match. Ugly.

Couldn't watch the game so I logged in last night to find a status on Facebook from the Sounders asking fans to send cards to Steve Zakuani in response to his "horrific injury." Needless to say that was really, really jarring. Trying to stay positive and focus on the fact that we beat the MLS cup champions 1-0 on the road with Montero finally scoring a goal, but jeez. Losing one of our best players long-term like that is awful. I'm fully intending to send some money to his charity when I can afford to.

FSC is launching "Soccer Night in America"

mlssoccer.com article

Fire sign Cristian Nazarit: Fire article

This is another huge, young signing for the league. Along the lines of the Fabian Castillo signing and this guy is regarded in many circles as much better than Castillo.

GoGo, think you can work some of your Karmic magic on the freaking Crew ? They're like that douchebag from the other school when you were in HS. He was 'ok' but always seemed to have his 'game of the year' against you. Seriously I hate the f'ng Crew now (but will always love GBS).

Soccer Night in America was all right. An actual pre-game a la other American leagues and obvious better production. And, Portland beat Philly :)

Heh ... hey, try scoring, it's all the rage :lol:

So yeah, Chivas is apparently just going the route of "if they're all injured they can't beat us." Holy hell. Two absolute shit tackles, they're down to 9 at the half .... and Javier Morales is done with what is likely a broken ankle.

USSF/MLS/Garber you need to fucking do something as this shit is getting ridiculous.

Meacon, buddy .... I'm seriously about to fly out to Phila and just sit on the pitch until they hand me a jersey. I think EWB has 20 or more people that can put as many balls in the back of the net as they have this year. Holy hell. I know Nowak's style and I love the guy but jeebus.

GoGo, what the hell is in the water in Seattle ? Stop getting hurt.

There's a few teams really starting to gel and find form. I just hope the Gold Cup doesn't disrupt too many of the clubs and throw a wrench into what is shaping up to be a very nice season.

NY/Chivas starting right now (Galavision) ..... Henry for 3 :shifty:

We should have had if not one, two or three goals yesterday in the first half alone. We're the exact opposite of last year. Last season we could score, but we'd always give up two or three. This year (last night aside) we get shutouts or give up one goal, but can't win them. Rather frustrating, but I'm hoping maybe in another month or so (<_<) we'll have some kind of chemistry up front.

Yeah, I dunno what gives with the front line. I do think part of it is that Le Toux played out of his freaking mind last year and that wasn't the norm for him. I honestly think bringing in Ruiz was a mistake. The chemistry that Mwanga/Le Toux were forging was great, and you've got a couple of other young strikers to bring in. A proper 2nd level is what the team really needed to help the push forward.

And uh ... holy crap is this CHV/NY match fucking nuts. Braun hattrick ... Coundul has looked stupid, Henry puts yet another in, DeRo scores from the spot ... and Luke Rodgers has gotten every bad call in the book so far. We've still got 25m.

Believe me, when one of the co-owners spoke at the March to the Match and said that Rosales and Friberg were hurt I felt like the wind was sucked out of me. We were lucky to get the draw considering it was a strong Portland lineup against a Sounders lineup so hurt that the announcer seriously had to utter "Nate Jaqua has been subbed out for Lamar Naegle." Glad that El Flaco got to raise his stock with a goal, though.

Believe me, when one of the co-owners spoke at the March to the Match and said that Rosales and Friberg were hurt I felt like the wind was sucked out of me. We were lucky to get the draw considering it was a strong Portland lineup against a Sounders lineup so hurt that the announcer seriously had to utter "Nate Jaqua has been subbed out for Lamar Naegle." Glad that El Flaco got to raise his stock with a goal, though.

Yeah, Sigi needs a stern fucking talking too about his El Flaco opinion.