2010/2011 College Basketball

bill_da_bill

I agree. I think in order to make things right they should have been allowed to play out those last two second of the game. It couldn't have taken that long for the NCAA to find out about it. I don't know that I have ever seen a call so blatantly awful.

Listening to Mike Rice it's pretty impressive that he is handling it so well, not sure how long after the game the interview I listened to was though.

Mike Rice was a class act through all of it. He was a guest on WFAN 10-15 minutes after the game and handled the situation quiet well. You can find the link to the interview here.

Big East doing whatever they have to do to hog the headlines, since all 31 of the teams that they'll get into the tourney will be gone before Houston, anyway. Maybe ND sneaks in, but that's a big if.

Facebook Bracket Challenge group for those who think they can prognosticate for a prize: http://apps.facebook.com/cbssports/groups/group/220620

(Prize only available to residents of the United States.)

The Three Stooges "voluntarily withdrew" from the Big East tourney. The punishment was so severe that Burr is sitting in the crowd today, basically taunting everyone who realized what he did. The NCAA is by far the biggest joke in sports right now.

Cardiac Kemba just did his Carmelo Anthony impression, with a game winning jumper to KO Pittsburgh. I actually felt bad for McGhee on that last play since Kemba had him on a string and just toyed with him for the last couple of seconds. That finish should remove some of the stink from yesterday's debacle. Here's hoping Syracuse puts a beat down on the Johnnies so that story can be put on the backburner for the rest of the week.

Yawn, same old Pitt.

I never understood why the locals were saying this team was the best Jamie Dixon's ever had. The 08 team with DeJuan Blair and Sam Young was much better. Is anyone surprised that the best player on the court made the game winning shot at the buzzer? I know I'm not.

I expect Pitt to make another Sweet 16 exit this season. If they get that far.

Yeah Jimmer is going off right now... I'd rather New Mexico win the MWC but I don't think they have a chance even if they come back in this game...

So glad Duke got the win today but damn losing Nolan Smith with an injury will be tough if its a big injury :( I don't think they'll get very far without him...

I cannot express how happy I am that that cocky douchebag Ben Hansbrough looked like shit in a loss tonight. The only thing that would have been better is if someone would have accidentally caught him with an elbow to the mug at some point in this game.

In other Big East tourney news, the refs screwed the pooch for the 'Cuse when they didn't call goaltending when a UConn player swept the ball off of the rim in a 2 point game late. I really do wonder what these guys are looking at half the time.

I gotta agree with you naiwf... Ben Hansbrough has to be the biggest douchebag I've seen playing college basketball this season... Was pretty happy that they blew that game and he played shit... and yes catching an elbow to the face would have made it just that little bit better...

I think Uconn will get the better of Louisville tomorrow and I'm expecting another big game from Kemba Walker... I really can't see anyone in the Big East winning the national championship this season though... Whilst they're all good teams, I just don't think any of them has what it takes to get through the tournament...

Seeing BYU get slapped by SDSU without that Davies kid makes me think that they may lose their first game next week depending on the match up. I wouldn't be shocked if they're a 4 seed (or worse) because without Davies it's basically Fredette vs *insert university name here*.

After seeing him struggle today, I also don't think Jimmer will do well at the next level. Too much of his game relies on dribbling around for 10-15 seconds and trying to draw body contact or taking contested 22-28 foot jump shots. He doesn't play defense, he won't be strong enough to muscle the smaller point guards in the NBA, and he's not fast enough to blow by guys off the dribble either. I don't think he'll be an Adam Morrison level bust going from a midmajor to the pros, but I'm not convinced that his game translates to the NBA since he's a 2 guard that isn't big enough or fast enough to play the 2 and he's not a wily Steve Nash type player who can slide over to the 1 and still score when needed.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN TO WASHINGTON (ba da da DUM)

Fucking ecstatic right now.

To steal a phrase from the Ducks (*hackhack* I think I'm breaking out in hives now)... Huck the Fuskies.

>_>

As long as the Bruins make the dance, I'll be happy. They should, second in the Pac 10 regular season. That first game exit isn't good, though, not in a 'down year' for the conference.

I can't even say 'wait 'til football season', we'll suck worse then. :(

Arizona was up 4 with less than a minute to go in regulation, but that Harvard loss was like a punch to the nose, stomach and testicles all at once. A once in a lifetime bid/64 year long streak was on the line for that one. # 11 for Harvard will not sleep tonight.

I fucking love this part of college basketball. However I find I can't ignore all the violations as much as I used too. It just really hurts the sport in my opinion. The sport itself can be incredible but the inner workings of NCAA sports, namely Basketball and Football, are disgusting.

Perry Jones' shit is dhflsdfsfdsf.