2011 NFL Offseason Thread

sahyder1

I looooooooooooove the draft. Hate it starts on Thursday now.

As for Panthers taking Newton, I don't think it's wise, but that's also because I don't think he's going to be a good NFL quarterback. If they want to take a chance, and spend big dough, on someone who has so many red flags, more power to them.

I agree about the Thursday thing. I loved just sitting on the couch all day on a Saturday watching the draft. It won't really be the same on a Thursday Night when I have to go to work in the morning.

I'm not sure about Cam in the NFL. I think he could be an NFL caliber QB and a pretty good one at that. I just think it's far from a lock, and that is an awfully big risk to take with the number one pick. Especially with 3 defensive gamechangers sitting on the board that you are going to pass up to take him.

I still think Jake Locker is a sleeper QB. He struggled last season, but he has the tools I think. I really liked the special with Jon Gruden and him on ESPN.

I love the draft and I too, am not fond of the way they have the draft set up now. It was perfect the way it was but Goodell is money hungry and couldn't pass up the idea of getting more ad revenue.

I'm sold on Ryan Mallett being the one that eventually ends up being the prize of this QB class. Though I tend to agree with Meacon in that I don't see a whole lot of upper tier QBs in this class even though it seems to be setting up where a million of them could end up going at the end of the first/early second.

I'm not a big fan of the Thursday thing either. Before it was at night over here, now I have to stay up until 5am to see the entire 1st round and just like the past 3 years, the stream on NFL.com won't work.

Still though it's always good fun, even if I'm inevitably disappointed with the Giants pick and it being the middle of the night. I think Cam can be good if the money doesn't make go all Leaf on everybody. The QB class really looks like a crapshoot this year anyway and a large number could end up going in the first round through desperation.

• Like 1

ugh so sick of hearing about Cam Newton aka The Next Big JaMarcus Russel aka Vince Young 2.0

I'll be really annoyed if they take him, especially since I'm in Carolina. he's not what they need. trading down would be best as they need a lot. their receiving core is awful other than Steve Smith, and as bad as Jimmy Clausen is he had no help. 2 QB picks 2 years in a row is not the right move.

they'd be better off waiting and going for Mallet, or Ponder later on.

they'd be better off waiting and going for Mallet, or Ponder later on.

They don't have a 2nd round pick though, theat belongs to the Patriots. With seemingly no takers for the 1st overall pick, if they want a QB they have to take him with that pick.

ugh so sick of hearing about Cam Newton aka The Next Big JaMarcus Russel aka Vince Young 2.0

There's no comparison between JaMarcus Russel and Vince Young and Cam Newton. Young for all his faults can at least stay in shape and is a great athlete. JaMarcus Russel was a big arm who got his money and never gave a shit. You can't compare the two because one actually seems to give a shit about winning games. If Newton is going to be like one of them, it will be Vince Young, not the biggest draft bust of all time.

It seems overnight that Marcel Dareus and Von Miller have switched places in almost all major mock drafts. Strange considering the Broncos are switching back to a 4-3 and Miller is a 3-4 edge rusher that will need adapting to their scheme.

It should all be fun tongiht though, with nobdody really being able to predict what happens.