2011 NFL Offseason Thread

sahyder1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/report-raiders-qb-terrelle-pryor-scores-7-on-wonderlic-iq-test/2011/08/31/gIQAYyJSsJ_blog.html

This just in: Terrell Pryor is a genius! Scores a SEVEN on the Wonderlic!

...wait, the Wonderlic isn't out of seven? Clearly it's quite the academic challenge to stay eligible at THE Ohio State University.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/report-raiders-qb-terrelle-pryor-scores-7-on-wonderlic-iq-test/2011/08/31/gIQAYyJSsJ_blog.html

...wait, the Wonderlic isn't out of seven? Clearly it's quite the academic challenge to stay eligible at THE Ohio State University.

You forgot that a major component of GPA at OSU is the number of wins you bring to the team.

You forgot that a major component of GPA at OSU is the number of wins you bring to the team.

Plus, he got tons of extra credit points in Automotive Appreciation. It's an extra letter grade for each different car one drives. Dude was one Miata away from the Dean's List. :shifty:

How is that score on the JaMarcus scale?

From what I remember reading, JaMarcus had a score in the mid 20s

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6916193/chris-johnson-tennessee-titans-agree-deal-source-says-worth-53m

Chris Johnson gettin' dat money, money, yeah, yeah.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6916856/fred-taylor-retire-jacksonville-jaguars-rb-13-nfl-seasons

Fred Taylor's signing a one-day contract with the Jaguars so he can retire with the team that drafted him.

sorry but at 36 nobody was going to show interest in Tiki Barber. Brian Westbrook and Clinton Portis are like 30 and nobody wants them anymore. old running backs just have no demand.

somehow when I saw washed up, egotistical and locker room cancer I thought it was about T.O. .... he's still injured though.

The Seahawks should be falling all over themselves to sign him.

On another note, why the hell do the Colts keep Anthony Gonzalez around? He's injured again and will likely be missing the opener. Has he even played half a season in his career yet?

wow, I figured we'd see Gabbert this year but a bit early. he looked okay but not really ready. Garrard is average at best but still should find work somewhere.

I read Gonzalez pretty much knows the next injury he's gone. The Colts finally dumped Bob Sanders you gotta think this guy is on borrowed time.

edit: Jags aren't going with Gabbert, it's Luke McCown. yeah..... still think we see Gabbert soon.

Jonathan Goff - LB - Giants is out for the year. The Giants really are getting screwed defense wise.

Edited by mystikz

Teams would go after T.O. before they flinched at Tiki 100% of the time. We'll see how he comes back from injury, but last year he could still go.

Agreed. I really think T.O can still play.

So according to Jay Glazer, the Jaguars have released David Garrard.

The Giants should look into getting him as a backup.

The Jets should look into him as a #2.

Gabbert isn't gonna be the starter I guess, but rather Luke McCown. I think the Jags made a mistake here. They were nearly a playoff team last year, and while they got a little lucky, it could be a wide open division with this Peyton Manning stuff. Garrard was average, but he had a 91 QB rating and didn't make many mistakes. Going with McCown feels like them waving the white flag to save some cash. Glad I'm not a fan of the Jags.