Madden 12

sahyder1

2nd game was a bit better from a passing standpoint. 11-for-19 for 147 yards and 2 TDs...although admittedly I was stat-padding by the end as my defense had another stellar outing. Only had 9 rushes though, and since I'm trying to be realistic and split time between Bradshaw and Jacobs - not a whole lot for them to do. Definitely gonna go ahead and bump up the clock to 8 minutes.

Just bump the quarters up to 15 and put the accelerated clock on. I've always got good results with this, realistic stats wise. They're still low but that's more to do with me being shit than the stats being off.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to train at all, and that this year player progression is based on what actually occurs with your player performance. It was like this back in Madden 2005 so I'm glad it's back. Pretty sure I got Brock Lesnar up to like an 80 OVR in that game.

Also, evaluating players in pre-season to make cuts seems cool. I actually simmed the pre-season in the first year just because my roster was largely set, but in Year 2 I'll play through it to get a sense of which rookies/undrafted free agents I like. I also love being able to scout 15 players each week. I know that if I find a gem in the draft that way, it will feel rewarding.

You don't have to train your players. They progress based on how well they play.

I've found a few diamond in the roughs in the draft and after. Got a 96 speed and acceleration running back, who is sitting at 75 overall, in the fourth round. And got a 73 rated outside linebacker as an undrafted free agent who is big, fast, and all over the field. He easily made the cuts in pre-season.

I'm planning to start a new Franchise this weekend with Denver.

One thing I noticed during the initial play-through, teams seem to undervalue their future picks. I was able to trade away my low third round pick to a team with a high fourth round pick, and got their second and third for the next year. <_<

Yeah Meacon is right about the draft picks. In my Bills franchise, I easily worked NE for their 2012 2nd and Ryan Mallett for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Could of gotten their 3rd too but I decided against it as I already had to give up no picks.

The game is really fun, and I'd say a step up from last year, all around.

Edited by Disturbed

I'm not a big fan of the franchise menus. Having to jump into the main menu is irritating enough, but combine it with having to go back to the "play or sim" screen every time I leave a roster or free agent page makes it worse.

How does scouting work? I set the first week of scouting up, but after I got the initial rating for them, I don't know if I'm supposed to scout the same guys again right away or if I can even select new guys to scout. Any tips?

The more you scout them, the more you unlock. If you scout someone just one week, you'll have minimal knowledge of them. If you scout them all seventeen weeks, you'll know a shit ton about them.

You also get to learn about them at the Combine, Pro days, and personal interviews (which unlocks everything, including their overall and potential rating). More good stuff they borrowed from Head Coach.

Just played my first Ultimate Team game on Madden 12. I had a two touchdown lead on someone using a 99 overall team while mine is 80 or 81. He managed to come back and win on the last drive of the game. He then sent me a message about it being a crazy game and I replied by taking a shot at him having a stacked team.

if a franchise starts I'll join up again.

I don't like the new kick meter much. other than that the passing seems more difficult.

playing franchise as the Titans and god Hasselbeck is terrible. I said fuck it and decided to start Locker and it was an improvement. sent Hasselbeck to the Steelers for Cotchery. not sure why they'd want him for Ben's back up. the quarters seem too short.

the cut system seemed good until the last week preseason. I played my week 4 game and it seemed to go right to the regular season without letting me make the final cuts.

oh and the commentary somehow got worse. I keep getting called the New York Titans. Collinsworth still says the same stupid shit and they flub Gus Johnson's lines making him say incorrect things at times. meh.

Edited by mystikz

Did not realise Madden 12 wasn't out here until the 2nd. Decided to get 11 instead. Cost me fifteen quid rather than forty, so I'm less bothered. I'm making the jump from 09 to 11 and my God this is so much more fun. The 'My Skill' difficuty option is fucked - I'm at 16 for rushing difficulty even though I'm getting hammered on almost every play - and there are irritating things with Franchise (i.e. how contract negotiations are not negoatiations, they are players saying 'you pay me this' and if you try to negotiate they say 'lol no') but it's a massive improvement. For instance, the feature that lets jump in and out of playing defense on each play is amazing, particularly for somebody who's a bit rubbish at playing defense. Playing as Oakland and doing a diary. Go read it.

Did not realise Madden 12 wasn't out here until the 2nd. Decided to get 11 instead. Cost me fifteen quid rather than forty, so I'm less bothered. I'm making the jump from 09 to 11 and my God this is so much more fun. The 'My Skill' difficuty option is fucked - I'm at 16 for rushing difficulty even though I'm getting hammered on almost every play - and there are irritating things with Franchise (i.e. how contract negotiations are not negoatiations, they are players saying 'you pay me this' and if you try to negotiate they say 'lol no') but it's a massive improvement. For instance, the feature that lets jump in and out of playing defense on each play is amazing, particularly for somebody who's a bit rubbish at playing defense. Playing as Oakland and doing a diary. Go read it.

Quick story. Some of you may find it funny. I did, and it was the first and last time I saw it happen on Madden 11. My friend and I were playing a Franchise on Madden 11, right? Well he had Larry Fitzgerald, right? Anyways... His contract expires and so my friend goes to sign him to a new contract. Fitzgerald sits there and says "lol no." to every offer. So my friend says "Fuck it. I'll pay him the max amount." Max bonus, years, money, etc. Come to find out, "Sorry. Larry feels like he would be treated better on another team." Or something along the lines of that. Larry Fitzgerald flat out rejected a $100 million dollar contract. :lol: