The Survivor Thread

sahyder1

I did about half an hour ago, and now I think I'm done watching Micronesia today (I'll probably get at least two episodes in tomorrow). Oh, Jason. Jason, Jason, Jason. Pretty much Ozzy in challenges, Sean Keniff in everything else.

God, what is it with All-Star seasons and tons of players either quitting or getting too hurt to continue?

I think a lot of it is reputation. People probably push themselves far more physically because they want to win much more the second time around (and get injured) or they don't want to risk looking like they are inferior to the people around them so they find an easy way out (they quit). That's my guess.

Shockingly, GoGo, the worst move has yet to come.

Just got there. I predicted what it would be immediately after the reward challenge since I already knew who made the stupid move, but it's still just amazing to watch.

And also amazing is the fact that yet again it's Cirie who plants the seed. I like Parvati and I think she's a good player, but if anything this season's the season that to me puts Cirie in the pantheon of the greatest strategic players in Survivor history. She was already somewhere in the area with her genius triple play in Exile Island, but Jesus. She even got a Sean Rector moment with her awesome "you can always beat 'em with this" line.

Final four will be watched tomorrow at work. This season is incredible.

Cirie was pretty much the person directly responsible for everything in Micro. She was the one who sided with Parvati, Amanda, Ozzy and James and essentially put Penner, Yau, Ami and Eliza on the outs. She was the one who rallied to get rid of Joel, who could have actually been a threat post-merge because of being such a physical force. She was one of the woman responsible for the Ozzy blind side, which enabled the women to control the game after that. Than, she got rid of Erik, who would have probably ended up in the finals if not for his stupidity. Four huge moves that pretty much dictated the pace of the game.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

Amanda has no skill in general. To my mind, one of the more overrated Survivors to play the game. I think Heroes and Villians really highlights that perfectly.

Amanda's a good right-hand woman and a solid challenge player. The problem is that nobody actually respects her game, and she inevitably has some sort of emotional breakdown near endgame and nobody's willing to buy stuff like that. I can buy her as pretty overrated, though, yeah.

Midway through the first episode of Gabon. I would like a long montage of Survivor players throughout the game's history treating the word "leader" like the dirtiest word in the English language.

EDIT: Oh man, is this going to be a Jeff Probst Is a Dick season? It seems like he's going full Ulong on Fang already.

Gabon is a clusterfuck of a season. I really enjoy it, but it's quite a head ache at times. On the plus side of it all, Randy is on this season and he is amazing.

I got past the episode where he says "I'm going to try my hardest to win, in spite of the fact that I hate every one of you" to his tribe. Which ruled because he's so clearly kidding on the square.

Eight episodes into Gabon. I like that Matty has basically turned into a cross between Leonardo DiCaprio and Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Some solid supporting characters here (Ace, Randy, Ken, etc.) but I know who wins this one and they haven't really built them up well yet.

EDIT: God, Matty's screeching, totally bugfuck insane laugh is the best.

YES. He does it again in the golf challenge too, except that time it wasn't even in an attempt to psych his opponent out. I love how Probst is so sure that Matty is going to take himself out by getting distracted with that stuff and then the opposite happens.

And yeah, Kenny is awesome. Best strategic player in the game as far as I can tell. Corinne is fun too because she's like a cross between Jerri Manthey and Katie from Palau.

OH RIGHT, I just got to The Episode in Gabon. And by The Episode I mean...

The Fake Immunity Idol episode. Oh my god, that was perfect. Like, it was funny when it happened to Jaime in China, but it's downright glorious when it happens to Randy in Gabon because lord did he deserve it. Even better was Crystal's vote at that Tribal Council where she does it so ridiculously loudly that EVERYONE can hear.

God, I hate Sugar. Airhead McCriesalot. Gabon sort of falls apart for me at the end here. I think I may still like it more than Fiji but not by much. Still no season has touched Thailand as Worst Survivor Ever, though I know I still have Nicuaragua to challenge for it.

Seriously, this final three is awful. Susie is yet another in a distinguished line of boring coattail riders to be a living prop at Final Jury, Bob is Yau-Man except without the strategic game, and Sugar is the best player of the three of them and honestly a good player but she's so fucking annoying and "oh tee hee I don't care really" that I cannot in good conscience want her to win because I don't think she gives a fuck about winning. When she's not giggling like a middleschooler she's bawling her eyes out. She's worse than Amanda.

EDIT: Corinne :wub:

EDIT II: Gabon done! Thank god! BRING ON THE DRAGONSLAYER.