The Survivor Thread

sahyder1

19 hours ago, RPS said:

After last night, I'm 99% sure I'm done with Survivor.

I texted a friend that same thing right after the episode. Now that I've had a few days to think about it, I'm probably going to stick with it. But that tribal council was so hard to watch, with Dan "apologizing" and Aaron rolling his eyes - while at the same time Kellee is sitting there on the jury and not allowed to respond. 

• 1 month later...

I'm not looking forward to the finale. I'm glad Dan was kicked, but it should have happened earlier. I just always lose interest in the longer episodes.

If I had to choose a winner from the remaining group, it would be Janet. 

I want Janet to win so bad but I don't see how she makes it past the first vote unless she wins immunity. If she plays her idol, Dean will just nullify it. 

I think Tommy is going to win by sitting next to Dean and Noura. I think even if Lauren gets to the end, she loses to Tommy, even though I think she's played better.

Apparently the reason Dan was kicked off was because while getting on a boat, he touched a female producer's thigh. He claims that he was losing balance and it was an accident. But they had none of it and decided he needed to go. And he will not be at the live finale. He's been `uninvited'.

https://people.com/tv/survivor-contestant-dan-spilo-was-uninvited-from-live-finale-after-his-removal-from-show/

So add him to the `contestants you will never see on Survivor again' list.

I wantJanet to win, but will fine with whoever wins, as long as its not crazy ass Noura.

Edited by GhostMachine

Noura being in the final three was obvious. And of the final three, I'm happy with who won.

Next season, though? WOW!!! Its basically going to be

SURVIVOR SUPER-ALL STARS, with Edge of Extinction and some kind of reward tokens.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/12/2019 at 02:32, GhostMachine said:

Noura being in the final three was obvious. And of the final three, I'm happy with who won.

Next season, though? WOW!!! Its basically going to be

Reveal hidden contents

SURVIVOR SUPER-ALL STARS, with Edge of Extinction and some kind of reward tokens.

I wasn't a fan of the twist that's returning for the next season. Still, it should be a fun season with that cast!

• 1 month later...

Did anyone watch the premiere? 

I have been pretty much out of the Survivor game since Game Changers, but I figured I ought to watch the premiere. 

It was interesting to me that the production values, in particular the editing, seems to have gotten worse since I last watched. 

I will likely watch the entire season of 40 and give up on the franchise as it has seriously declined in quality. 

It was a fun premiere. In no way did it come anywhere close to the Heroes vs. Villains, but that is because it did a very bad job of introducing the characters. Heroes vs. Villains was the greatest season of the show because you could watch the first episode and not be lost or confused. It did a great job of explaining to the audience who was who. WaW did not. 

I am excited to see Sophie, Yul, Danni, Ethan, Tyson, and (obviously) Sandra play. It was fascinating to me how completely out of their leagues Adam, Michelle and Ben appeared to be. Ben, in particular, was unbelievably bad. 

• Like 1

I would disagree about Adam. The target was very clearly on his back. He made a huge mistake going for a walk with Denise, but he easily could have been voted out. He was able to shift focus to a bigger target and get Natalie voted out. 

I was very impressed with Yul and Sophie. Love their pairing. Was petrified of Tyson or Kim going, so glad that they live to fight another day. 

Just now, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

I would disagree about Adam. The target was very clearly on his back. He made a huge mistake going for a walk with Denise, but he easily could have been voted out. He was able to shift focus to a bigger target and get Natalie voted out. 

I was very impressed with Yul and Sophie. Love their pairing. Was petrified of Tyson or Kim going, so glad that they live to fight another day. 

I think I am projecting because Adam seems like a try-hard and forced. I got the impression that it was less about Adam saving himself and more that Natalie and Jeremy were the bigger threat rather than Adam and Denise. But it is curious that they placed Adam, Ben and Michelle who are probably the weakest winners all on the same tribe with Parvati and Rob. 😏

5 minutes ago, RPS said:

I think I am projecting because Adam seems like a try-hard and forced. I got the impression that it was less about Adam saving himself and more that Natalie and Jeremy were the bigger threat rather than Adam and Denise. But it is curious that they placed Adam, Ben and Michelle who are probably the weakest winners all on the same tribe with Parvati and Rob. 😏

Oh, Adam is absolutely a try-hard and forced. But while he made his case at tribal that Jeremy & Natalie were a bigger threat than he & Denise, he also called out Rob being married to someone on the season. The whole afternoon seemed to be the group deciding between voting out Adam or Denise. I do think Rob & Parvarti ultimately moved things towards Natalie, but I still think Adam made a decent recovery from a very bad start.

• 1 month later...

Am I right in thinking that Sandra is the first person to ever give up during Edge of Extinction? And sorry, but she's no longer the Queen. A real Queen would not give up, even knowing they suck at challenges and have no chance to win.

Doubt they'll do it this season, but I'd like to see them do an Edge of Extinction where the're a big twist is that after the merge: Instead of one person returning, everyone on EoE comes back as a separate tribe.

11 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Am I right in thinking that Sandra is the first person to ever give up during Edge of Extinction? And sorry, but she's no longer the Queen. A real Queen would not give up, even knowing they suck at challenges and have no chance to win.

Doubt they'll do it this season, but I'd like to see them do an Edge of Extinction where the're a big twist is that after the merge: Instead of one person returning, everyone on EoE comes back as a separate tribe.

First time they did it a few people gave up. 

On 26/03/2020 at 23:23, GhostMachine said:

Disagree with pretty much of all this. 

Sandra has absolutely no chance at winning the challenge. She's competed in 20-something challenges and she's never won. She's still the Queen. She's the only person to win twice and the only reason someone else is about to do it is because they're having a winners season. 

That second idea sounds terrible. That's basically what they did in Pearl Islands, except the Outcast tribe just got to vote two people back into the game. I don't mind Edge of Extinction, but I wish it ended at the merge. Having someone return at the Final 6 or whatever is terribly unfair.

• 2 years later...

with my wife being away for so long i needed some tv to just have on in the background all the time, so a friend suggested survivor. I had no idea it was a swedish reality show format. it just feels so american.

Anyway i started from season 1 couple weeks ago, and i'm partway through season four now. It's good background viewing, but I'm not sure in love with it. I feel really bad for the people that went to "africa" (Come on lads, Africa is more than fifty countries all with their own cultures and traditions), because that living situation was fucked. Just up all night worried about lions, drinking from elephant shit filled water. Horrible. The ones in season four are having such a chill time in comparison, just swimming in the waterfall and eating infinite crabs.

Anyway it's fine. I'm not sure I can be arsed to to watch fifty seasons, especially once they start doing every single one in the same location as I know happens in like season 30 or whatever. A big part of the fun for me is watching them survive in different locations. I don't really care about the boring challenges like "stand on this pole for eight hours".

• Like 2