The Survivor Thread

sahyder1

The worst part is - the producers of the show pay you money to attend. So you could say "well, fuck it... just don't show up!" But I think they give you 10-20K to show up for these things, because they want to make sure mostly everyone (with the exception of Brandon and one other instance) show up. So basically you had the pre-jurors show up to get their money, but be told "oh, well, you are literally just here to get money because we aren't even having you on stage". 

It was really terrible.  Jeff talked to Cochran, Brenda, Malcolm, Reynold, Debbie, Phillip and Andrea.  7 our of 20 of the people on the show.  Plus Rudy, Boston Rob and some little girl.  The two medically evacuated players didn't get a word, in face the only "Fan" to speak was Reynold.  If I made a list of the dumbest production decisions on Survivor this would easily be one of them.

So far I'm liking Blood vs Water just because it has so much more to the strategy instead of just alliance vs alliance.  Culpepper was interesting in that he was playing so hard from the get go and everyone was acting super bitter towards him, but when he gets voted out he is literally the nicest dude about it the show's probably ever had. 

Colton on the other hand, fucking wow.  He gets all mad because nobody wants to play his way so he quits again, and Jeff is such a dick to him about it (which he should be).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Why did people hate Culpepper?  The guy never did anything mean or nasty at all and seems like he probably one of the nicer people to ever be on the show.

Perception is reality. If people say enough he is an asshole, people start to believe it. 

To be honest, I think he's just got that type of personality that grates on people but doesn't translate to TV.

Blood vs Water is a lot more enjoyable than I would have anticipated and its one of the gimmicky seasons I wouldn't be opposed to seeing return.

What do I have coming up gimmick wise?   Are Cagayan and San Juan normal seasons?  I know Cambodia is the 2nd chances seasons.  What exactly is the gimmick for Game Changers?

• Like 1

Everyone season will have a gimmick going forward

Next is Brains versus Beauty versus Brawn. 

After that is Blood vs. Water with no Redemption Island or returning players. 

After that is Blue Collar vs. White Collar vs. No Collar (an invented term for free spirited people) 

After that is returning players in a Second Chance theme. 

After that is Brains versus Beauty versus Brawn 2.0. 

After that is Millennials versus Generation X. 

And ... after that you are caught up and you'll see Game Changers. 

oooh you are in for a treat. Cagayan is so fucking good.

I thought Koah Rong and SJDS were middle tier seasons. MvGx was good. Second Chance was alright, and BC vs WC vs NC I stopped half way thru.

Edited by Alex.

6 hours ago, Azazel said:

What exactly is the gimmick for Game Changers?

All returning players. The definition of what constitutes a "game changer" is so vague and borderline useless that one of the players in this season straight-up said "I'm not a game changer, I don't get why I'm here" in her pre-season interviews, but in general it's a mix of players who made big strategic moves, players who dominated in challenges, or (and this is where it gets vague and wonky) players who showed a willingness to make big moves even if they didn't actually work out.

Finished Blood vs Water, I think it was an enjoyable season with a cool gimmick and it was nice to see someone like Laura M. get to look like a great player and not be stuck with crap like Russell and fucking Shambo being producer pets. 

Started Cagayan... and how in the hell are the Brains tribe the dumbest tribe is survivor history?  It's only been 1 episode and they couldn't build a shelter, they vote out someone on Day 3 because they were worried about Day 30, decide to actively prevent people from playing Survivor and then when J'Tia destroys all their food they VOTE SOMEONE ELSE OUT. 

I have no idea how I feel about Cagayan... but that could be because they made the same mistake they did with Samoa and made it pretty much an entire season about Tony.  Tony did play smart, I wasn't a fan of them bringing back the ultimate hidden immunity idol but he at least used it pretty wisely as a fake out.  I think the main problem I had with the season was that Trish, Spencer and especially Kass were just utterly annoying to see on screen.

I don't think any other player has made me physically angry to see on screen like Jon has since Lillian.  He also seems like Russell levels of stupid when it comes to juries.  Except he thinks doing nice things to his alliance or having his alliance not listen to him will get him votes by all the people who he voted out.

Like Natalie didn't vote for who she was supposed to on a split so he wants to tell the jury that she.... did that?  His strategy seems to be screwing people over but since he was nice to his girlfriend he should win.

Edited by Azazel

I don't think I've ever felt as much relief in seeing someone voted out as much as John, the guy was a tool who was trying to pander to the jury with like 8 people left.  I doubt he would have won had he gotten to the finals anyway but I'm happy he lost.  I kinda of hope Natalie wins just because that way the twins can be the 1st person voted out and the winner.