The Survivor Thread

sahyder1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
15 minutes ago, RPS said:

@Ms. Canadian Destroyer are you watching the new season and did you apply to be on 39. 

I am watching. I am loving it so far. Lots of really fun characters.

I did not. I will never be able to be on Survivor. Stupid diabetes.

Did you apply?

On 12/10/2018 at 09:45, MCDr. Frank N. Furter said:

I am watching. I am loving it so far. Lots of really fun characters.

I watched episode 1. I was a big fan of Natalie, Mike, John, Bi, Davies, Elizabeth and Lyrsa. 

On 17/10/2018 at 11:31, RPS said:

I watched episode 1. I was a big fan of Natalie, Mike, John, Bi, Davies, Elizabeth and Lyrsa. 

This is probably exactly who I liked as well, though Bi doesn't do much for me. I'd add Gabby and Christian to the list (though Christian could easily become a bit annoying fairly soon). I also know Nick a bit from being a Rob Has a Podcast patron so I'm rooting for him as well.

7 hours ago, MCDr. Frank N. Furter said:

This is probably exactly who I liked as well, though Bi doesn't do much for me. I'd add Gabby and Christian to the list (though Christian could easily become a bit annoying fairly soon). I also know Nick a bit from being a Rob Has a Podcast patron so I'm rooting for him as well.

I liked Bi for the domestic violence stuff. 

episode 2 was good but i felt Jessica's story was untold. 

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've started watching again, I needed a break after that Heroes vs Hustlers vs Healers or whatever seasons because it easily ranked as a top 3 worst seasons for me.  Redemption Island, Caramoan and this season.  All for the same reason, they felt completely rigged for certain winners.  I called who was going to win in like the first 3 episodes and the entire end of the game felt super rigged to make sure it happened, especially the change to the Final 4 fire challenge.  It felt like they handed him 3 idols and when he still lose the final immunity challenge they changed the rules so it was impossible for him to get voted out for the entire second half of the game.

Ghost Island was not very good either, but more so because the heavy focus on all the returning advantages seemed to leave the actual castaways not matter.  I finished the finale and like 20 minutes later I couldn't even remember who won, or was even in the final 3.  Just mostly a forgettable season.... except that one dude that looked like Matthew Lillard for some reason.

I'm watching the finale of David vs Goliath as I type this, a much better season with more focus on the actual players.  It blows my mind how insanely jacked Johnny Mundo looks.  Also, Christian talks exactly like Hank Azaria's character, David, from Friends.

• Like 2

On 01/08/2019 at 16:35, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Wasn't sure where to post this but Rudy Boesch from Season 1 has passed away.

Edit: fake news apparently. He is still alive, although suffering from alzheimers

He has since passed away, because they had a thing at the end of the last episode. :(

Working through Edge of Extinction now.  I think the biggest tell was the first post merge challenge, two people got eliminated and when Probst said their name I had no idea who the hell they were, 6 episodes in.  I hated the Outcast twist in Pearl Islands so I'm not thrilled to see it back.

It looks like Season 40 is finally an all winners season.  I'm glad to see a few early/mid season winners.  I think the only acceptable result is if Sandra wins again so she can stay the only two time winner.

There is always some stuff to enjoy in every season once you get passed the actual game of Survivor.  In Edge of Extinction I'm liking Wardog.  Mostly because he calls himself fucking Wardog, and partially because he is laughable bad at literally everything and constantly getting yelled at by the women and complaining about it.  Survivor needs more comical idiots who don't realize it.

4 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

How do you like Reem? She is one of my favourite Survivors of the last few years.

She hasn't really done much yet except go from caring motherly figure to "I want to talk to the manager".  The news anchor dude is pretty great too, I love how he went on this big thing to Wardog about how he was going to work with him and then just stopped and basically told him to fuck off because he was in the majority now... then immediately got flipped on.

On 12/11/2019 at 18:19, Azazel said:

There is always some stuff to enjoy in every season once you get passed the actual game of Survivor.  In Edge of Extinction I'm liking Wardog.  Mostly because he calls himself fucking Wardog, and partially because he is laughable bad at literally everything and constantly getting yelled at by the women and complaining about it.  Survivor needs more comical idiots who don't realize it.

After last night, I'm 99% sure I'm done with Survivor.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, RPS said:

After last night, I'm 99% sure I'm done with Survivor.

I saw stuff on twitter and it sounds terrible.

On a funny unrelated note.  I'm pretty sure they brought Carter back from Phillipines in Edge of Extinction and just renamed him Gavin as an experiment to see if anybody would notice.