Pitchfork Music Festival 2011

tristy

I know, I know. Blah blah blah, Pitchfork is indie as fuck, whatever. But I'll be damned if this year's line-up isn't stacked. I'm still doing Bonnaroo, but my roommate and I are most likely going to make the 9 hour drive for this. Mostly for Animal Collective (him) and OFWGKTA (me), but, really... look at this. Atleast 15 bands I want to see. Anyone around or in Chicago that's going? Or just anyone that might be. I kind of doubt it, though.

Friday, July 15:

-- Animal Collective

-- Neko Case

-- Guided By Voices

-- Thurston Moore

-- Battles

-- James Blake

-- Das Racist

-- Curren$y

-- tUnE-yArDs

-- EMA

-- Gatekeeper

Saturday, July 16:

-- Fleet Foxes

-- DJ Shadow

-- The Dismemberment Plan

-- Destroyer

-- No Age

-- Gang Gang Dance

-- Zola Jesus

-- Twin Shadow

-- Toro Y Moi

-- Woods

-- Cold Cave

-- Wild Nothing

-- OFF!

-- Julianna Barwick

-- G-Side

-- Sun Airway

-- Chrissy Murderbot

Sunday, July 17:

-- TV on the Radio

-- Cut Copy

-- Deerhunter

-- Superchunk

-- Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti

-- OFWGKTA

-- HEALTH

-- Kurt Vile

-- Yuck

-- The Fresh & Onlys

-- Radio Dept.

-- Baths

-- Kylesa

-- Shabazz Palaces

-- Twin Sister

-- How to Dress Well

-- Darkstar

Man, that's a hell of a lineup. Animal Collective, Guided by Voices, Thurston Moore,Fleet Foxes, TV on the Radio, Deerhunter, Radio Dept...they got some awesome bands this year.

I know my brother already got tickets to it. I would go if I was still living in the Chicago area.

nice bands and all, but telling people you are going to a PF music festival would make you seem like a dick. Also a little variation in the PF canon would be nice. You can only have so much indie pop. It's a bad sign when the most out-there band on your lineup is Fleet Foxes.

nice bands and all, but telling people you are going to a PF music festival would make you seem like a dick. Also a little variation in the PF canon would be nice. You can only have so much indie pop. It's a bad sign when the most out-there band on your lineup is Fleet Foxes.

The most out there band is Fleet Foxes? Have you listened to half of the bands on this line-up? Fleet Foxes is just folkish, I don't see how that qualifies it as "out there". Unless you mean out of place?

I'm laughing at the thought that bands like Animal Collective, OFWGKTA, Curren$y, No Age, Toro y Moi, HEALTH, Kurt Vile, How to Dress Well, etc. are all considered indie pop. You made my day, sir. I think the only people that would give a fuck about someone saying they're going to Pitchfork Music Festival are the people that secretly love the site but like to shit on it when it's brought up. Kinda like you?

OFWGKTA gives away their albums for free because they couldn't get signed for the longest. Now, MellowHype and Tyler have deals. Those albums won't be free. And not good? Earl's EP is a breath of fresh air for hip-hop, but I'll admit Tyler's last album kind of dragged.

In general, you're wrong. I'm the new YI.

• Like 1

The most out there band is Fleet Foxes? Have you listened to half of the bands on this line-up? Fleet Foxes is just folkish, I don't see how that qualifies it as "out there". Unless you mean out of place?

I'm laughing at the thought that bands like Animal Collective, OFWGKTA, Curren$y, No Age, Toro y Moi, HEALTH, Kurt Vile, How to Dress Well, etc. are all considered indie pop. You made my day, sir. I think the only people that would give a fuck about someone saying they're going to Pitchfork Music Festival are the people that secretly love the site but like to shit on it when it's brought up. Kinda like you?

OFWGKTA gives away their albums for free because they couldn't get signed for the longest. Now, MellowHype and Tyler have deals. Those albums won't be free. And not good? Earl's EP is a breath of fresh air for hip-hop, but I'll admit Tyler's last album kind of dragged.

In general, you're wrong. I'm the new YI.

did I touch a nerve?