Your football shirt collection

Baddar

I barely have any because I never wear them any more although I did all the time as a kid, so the ones I do have are quite old.

AC Milan from the early nineties (around '92/93) brought for a tenner in a sale in a sports shop about a year after the kit would have been out of date. I was a kid then and the shirt was too big, but the last time I wore it it fit perfectly.

A Man Utd home shirt from 1998 with 'Solskjaer 20' on the back.

A Man Utd Champions League shirt from that kinda time period, from the season when they had a shirt just for the Champions League

A sexy Black Man Utd Away shirt from 1999 ish.

A Sheffield United home shirt from 2002/2003 season.

I did have an England shirt from the 1998 World Cup but I'm nore sure if I still have that or not.

And that would be all, as I said, never wear 'em, though I was tempted with a Bayern shirt last year.

Don't even know where I'd buy that Russia shirt from (for a less-than-stupid price). Sports Direct has it in XXL only...which is not useful. :shifty:

worldsoccershop has it for 70$ and in more sizes than balloon

I'm an Arsenal fan, but all of their kits look like ass when I put them on. Also, we have this weird ability to follow/support more than one club/team here in the States. And, erm ... I see other people's lists that include teams other than "who they're meant to be a fan of" .... what's the problem ?

Never really have the money to buy football shirts - any money I do have tends to go on going out. But I have a few.

2000-2002 Liverpool home

1998 Liverpool away

An absolutely vile Bristol City away kit from yeeeeeeeears ago

A strange Ajax shirt from ages ago

Real Madrid kit circa 2000

Spain kit circa 1998

The reversable England kit from a few years ago

More than I thought actually. I'll start buying Liverpool and Bristol City kits more regularly when I'm earning money.

Don't even know where I'd buy that Russia shirt from (for a less-than-stupid price). Sports Direct has it in XXL only...which is not useful. :shifty:

I'm an Arsenal fan, but all of their kits look like ass when I put them on. Also, we have this weird ability to follow/support more than one club/team here in the States. And, erm ... I see other people's lists that include teams other than "who they're meant to be a fan of" .... what's the problem ?

Well mine has Croatia.. soon to be Valencia and some others. But the staple of mine is Villa shirts. Yours had no Arsenal shirts at all.

Any idea if that's related to UK Soccer Shop? Because that has so many hideous reviews that I would prefer to avoid it at all costs.

Annoyingly, the listing I found on Amazon.co.uk seemed fine and I ordered it, but it sat there for a week until the third-party seller went "oh yeah, Amazon 'incorrectly listed this' and the product 'doesn't exist'", so they cancelled it. I call bullshit, but nothing I can do about it.

Oh well...

You also have the famed lack of ability at sarcasm in the States. Not to mention the crazed persecution complex.

I guess it's just that yours had no Arsenal shirts at all...

Every year I put it on, and every year it just doesn't sit right. Have a handful of T-shirts and a couple pair of shorts though.

Forgot my Juventus shirt from 2009

Stoke .... Worldsoccershop isn't associated with the UKSoccershop (it's a Sports Endeavors company, North American based) ... Oddly enough, my Wigan and Coventry shirts actually came from UKS :shuriken: but I'll never do business with them again.

You also have the famed lack of ability at sarcasm in the States. Not to mention the crazed persecution complex

That has quite a bit to do with kits. Great post.

It might be just me, but I just can't get my head round having any English league clubs other than my own team. I always see it as buying Newcastle shirts for the match (and occasionally playing in them) with anything else being down to liking either the kit or the team (or both ideally). If I saw anyone in an English club shirt I'd automatically assume they were a fan of the team, whereas a rogue international or foreign club shirt tends to just be a shirt. Much as I have soft spots for Hartlepool and Bradford City for family reasons (been to Valley Parade with my cousins a few times) I couldn't walk around wearing their shirts, I'd feel like a fake.

Yep, I sound mental.

Edit: Thats referring to the UKers by the way, can understand it with the overseas crew since I own Inter and Milan shirts.

Edited by Colly

I see your point - but while I'd never go around sporting an Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs or Leeds shirt, if I do like it, I wouldn't not buy it just because.

I liked the fluorescent Chelsea shirt so much a few years back, that I bought Wigan's version. :shifty: