Your football shirt collection

Baddar

When I was young and used to care about kits - I had every Ipswich one up until about 2005. I had a couple of the England strips and an Arsenal away shirt, too. Then when I hit 14/15 I just started training in a white T-Shirt with school PE shorts, or something. I wouldn't wear a football shirt if I wasn't playing football, really. And I don't go to enough games to warrant buying an Ipswich one as it wouldn't get worn.

Though, when I was about 10, I went to Italy and I bought a Roma kit while I was there. I thought it was the fucking most awesome thing ever and wore it to every football trianing session I went to.

Pretty much at least one Leeds shirt every year since about 96, haven't got this (well, last) year's yet though, I'll buy it when its in the sale. An England shirt from Euro 2004.

Never saw the point in wearing anything other than your own team's shirt, especially since I only wear them to go to games.

I have no problem wearing shirts for teams I don't support - as long as they're from abroad or not direct competition. In saying that, the only non-United Premier League shirt I have is the luminous shirt Wigan had a couple of years ago.

As for teams not based in England;

France

Marseille - 1 shirt (last seasons away)

Italy

Juventus - 2 shirts (both home, I think)

Inter - 1 shirt (this seasons away)

AC Milan - 1 shirt (From about 3 years ago - had Kaka on the back)

Germany

Bayern Munich - 1 shirt (last seasons away)

Spain

Barcelona - 5 shirts (4 away, 1 home - as posted in the other thread, my favourite was the 07 away one. They first wore it against a Scottish team (Hearts/Motherwell?) in a friendly)

Real Madrid - 5 shirts (3 away, 2 home - There was one season when Van Nistelrooy had just signed for them that I bought all three at full price like the silly bastard I am. They all had exactly the same design, but were white, black and purple)

USA

LA Galaxy - 1 shirt (The away blue one from two years ago, Beckham 23 on the back)

Internationals

Holland - 4 shirts (2 home, 2 away - the home ones are always quite similar, but I have the newest away one from the World Cup last year, and the light-blue one just before that)

Spain - 2 shirts - (1 home, 1 away - I think my home one is about 8 years old. It has Raul on the back. The away one is about 5 years old, and I ain't even saying who's on the back of that one :shifty:)

Manchester United

I buy every home, away and third shirt (if available) every year, and have done for about 10/15 years, missing just a few - obviously as far back as then, my parents would get them for me. I also have a thing for the training range, and own about 12 training tops. I tend to buy them because some look better than the actual shirt for the season, and at £15 cheaper. I picked up some of the jackets to go with the training tops too, so I have 3 or 4 of them. I stopped buying the GK shirts when Barthez left, because fuck long-sleeved shirts...

There's no doubt the odd one I'm missing here, and it'll only be when I go to put one on for a team that I haven't mentioned that I remember.

Did a count recently and had 47 I think? So 49 as I've got a few since then, maybe 50?

I started with the 99/2000 Adidas Spurs home shirt. Have got one or two Spurs shirts from most seasons (funds permitting), with the exception of our yellow-streaked number from last season! Particularly proud of my #1 SULLIVAN GK shirt from 01/02 season, tends to be worn as a jumper whenever the weather takes a turn.

Have a complete set of 60/61 Double-winning shirts from the clubshop collection and Toffs (Home Cup Final/Away and GK)

Got a load of England shirts, bar the new Home one (though it is growing on me?)

And a friend of mine last year got me into collecting older shirts off of E-bay, so I've filled in my Spurs collection back to 1991, which was the year I started to follow them (and older stuff is prohibitivly expensive anyway?)

Also have sex with girls though...the two aren't mutually exclusive.

...and no I never get them to wear them during...you filthy lot!

Leeds? You dirty cunt.

My Dad is a Leeds fan I've been to at least 15-20 games at Elland Road and a Play-Off final throughout the years. Leeds are the closest thing I have to a 2nd team and I'm always rooting for them unlesss they play Newcastle.

I actually went to the supporters club dinner dance the year they got relegated, the night after they got spanked by Thierry Henry and Arsenal. Funny story, Alan Smith gave an impassioned speech saying how he'll fight right until the end for Leeds and the rumours are bollocks because he'd NEVER sign for Man United even if they went down, we actually have that on video somewhere. Good night though, got my Smith shirt signed as well as photos with various players including a 16 year old Aaron Lennon who I was taller than aged 11. Nothing better than my treasured photo with Didier Domi who was on loan at Leeds at the time. Dominic Matteo was absolutely pissed that night too and practically needed help out, he was a hero!

I would've said the same, but then I would've felt obliged to tell Gazz about his sister and I, so I thought I'd just stay quiet on the matter.

Haha, your funeral mate. You might want to get yourself medically checked, physically and mentally.

...and no I never get them to wear them during...you filthy lot!

Hmm, Stokerina does have her own Chelsea shirt... :pervert:

Put her in that Russia one (I can spot someone with Eastern European heritage from space) and then we'll talk*

*by talk, I mean I say 'pics or didn't happen' and you tell me 'fuck off', then Stokerina posts it anyway.

• Admin

Forgot to mention I have a signed Pele and a signed Jimmy Greaves shirt. If we're spreading into other Spurs memorabilia I have a ball signed by the 98/99 squad (again, Chris Armstrong), as well as a signed (by all three) picture of Ralph Coates, Martin Chilvers, and Pat Jennings in the dressing room after winning the UEFA Cup.

I have a signed football from Blackburn 1995-96, random I know but it was because my Dad won a competition at Ladbrokes and the prize was a VIP trip to a Premier League game. The game turned out to be Blackburn vs Wimbledon at Ewood Park on 17th April, 1996 and when we got there we got to choose a player to have our picture taken with, so obviously we chose Shearer who signed the photo and also we got a signed ball. If I remember rightly the players who signed it are Shearer, Flowers, Sherwood, Hendry, Ripley, Berg, Newell and pretty much everyone else who was in the squad back then, it's a pretty cool thing to have now with some of the names who have signed it.

I probably have lots of Leeds shirts knocking around as well as the odd England one. My brother had a Man City shirt with Ellis on the back and the number 8 I think, I ended up with that. God knows why he got it though. Dunno if I still have that somewhere or some of the others I had when I was younger like PSG home and that one Newcastle alternate kit which was like a very dark blue with a pair of thin green/orange stripes on the left hand side.

newcastle97away2.jpg

I have a Barca one too which we got when we went to Spain one time, went to the Nou Camp too but not for a match or anything. Also, Real Madrid and I seem to recall a Bayern one, not sure. Oh, and a Portsmouth goalie shirt! Which reminds me of the year I got the Leeds Goalie strip because I didn't like the home kit. Think that was around 95/96.

Was on the cusp of picking up PSG or Inter away today. But the PSG one felt really poorly made, felt cheap. And Inter, as nice as the design is I want Fiorentina to be my Italian shirt of choice.

Ending up picking up new shin pads and a new ball instead. >_> I shouldn't waste cash this much.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a load of Aston Villa shirts, 2 celtic shirts, I had a Wales shirt but I havent seen it in ages, I've got a 1998 Holland shirt, a Plymouth Argyle 2007 away shirt (the hidious yellow one) and a 2003 Manchester United shirt.

If anyone knows where I can find the Slovenia away shirt from the world cup (the dark green one) I would be very grateful.

I don't find football shirts very comfortable to wear, but I did get a Robbo-era blue England 'keeper jersey to wear during the World Cup a few years ago when we started watching the games in the pub. Just to fit in like, as I'd get funny looks wearing a hockey sweater.

2010 Chicago Fire (Red) Chivas USA (Navy) DCU (Black)

A Celtic L/S from a couple years ago

Coventry from a few years ago

Wigan from the last year JJB was on the front

Juventus/USA/Cruz Azul training/call up shirts

2011 USA Third, that sexy red kit