2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

• Admin

Bolton have signed Burnley midfielder Chris Eagles and defender Tyrone Mears on three-year deals, adding to other new signings Nigel Reo-Coker and Darren Pratley.

QPR have had a bid for striker DJ Campbell accepted by Blackpool.

Ex-Everton goalkeeper Iain Turner has been snapped up by Preston on a one-year deal.

It's offical: Ben Foster has signed for Albion on loan with Boaz Myhill going the other way to Birmingham :D

Nobody is reporting that we can buy him permanently at the end of the season, which is a bit of a let down, but thats not for sure yet, and I've been hearing a lot about a proposed fee in the region of £4-6 Million, so maybe we will.

And Ridgwell is on the verge of signing for £2 Million.

If Birmingham don't come straight back up then I imagine they'll be looking to offload permanently and you'd imagine West Brom will get first dibs on him. Would make sense anyways. If they come straight back up then they'll probably expect him back.

Yeah. By the looks of things, too, Birmingham will have another couple of years of Championship footballl to look forward to, so all being well, we'll be in a good position to get him - perhaps at a cut price too, if their money troubles worsen.

Edited by TheGreatJ

I partly agree with Ridgewell - he's grabbed a couple of goals in recent memory, which is always good - especially as I remember him getting a few at Villa, and it gives us depth at the back with Olsson, Tamas, McAuley, Dawson and Scharner who can play there.

All we need now is another striker so Odemwingie doesn't run himself into the ground like he did last winter. Preferably a non-african because when Odemwingie leaves for the African Cup of Nations, he, Simon Cox and Fortune will be all we have. Unless said-African striker leaves for the Cup, too. And Fortune is god awful.

Nicky Shorey. Every seems to think he's brilliant for us - whilst I think attacking-wise, which is important for the modern day wide defender, he's diabolical.

Obviously, his main priority is defending, but once he takes the ball from the winger, I can almost guarantee he will lose the ball off of the resulting pass. He barely gets a touch when he overlaps either, because he either does it too late, too early, or runs off somewhere. A good defender, but he should stick to defending, and lay it off to somebody who can actually pass, or I'll soon be calling for Ridgewell to be playing there.

Nicky Shorey. Every seems to think he's brilliant for us - whilst I think attacking-wise, which is important for the modern day wide defender, he's diabolical.

Obviously, his main priority is defending, but once he takes the ball from the winger, I can almost guarantee he will lose the ball off of the resulting pass. He barely gets a touch when he overlaps either, because he either does it too late, too early, or runs off somewhere. A good defender, but he should stick to defending, and lay it off to somebody who can actually pass, or I'll soon be calling for Ridgewell to be playing there.

Shorey is shocking. He's a better attacking fullback than a defending fullback - but he gives the ball away too easy. I imagine Ridgewell could end up being your left back - depends if he wants assurances at being centreback.

He's not THAT bad to be honest guys, but perhaps it feels that way next to Marek Cech who has fallen out of favour and almost permanently out of form after we came back up last year. Thinking about it though, Shorey has cost us goals against United and Blackburn, so maybe I'm just being nice.

Yeah, I am.