Games that should be given the HD treatment.

TKz

I couldn't think of a better title without using the word 'remake'.

Basically, what games would you guys love to see remade in full HD for the PS3/360? You can pick anything from whacky NES titles even to PS2 games that would just look that little bit nicer rendered for the current generation. I know a lot of people hate the idea of remakes just for the sake of updating the graphics, but I think there's quite a lot of games that could prosper in the current gen and would sell a lot, not to mention introducing the game to a whole new generation.

For me, there's quite a few. Seeing as I was never so much into games until the PS1 arrived (though I did play SNES a lot. somehow.) most of mine come from that era. Starting with Metal Gear Solid, which was just a wonderful game all around. I can't even imagine how lovely it would be to replay it for the PS3. Hell, I don't have to, the Shadow Moses level of MGS4 made me want it even more! You'd barely have to update the game and it'd still be amazing.

The other one I was thinking about is the one that's been rumoured/dreamed about by fanboys for years, is FFVII. I'm actually quite torn on this, as someone who likes the idea of upscaling games, but despite it being a solid RPG and having a pretty great story, I can't help but feel like a little of the magic would be lost in losing the old school graphics.

And finally, Legend of Dragoon. Because man, I loved that game, but fuck spending £40 on a used copy of a PS1 game that probably won't even work. :(

Legend of Legaia. One of the most underrated, under-appreciated JRPGs ever. In-depth story, unique gameplay, tons of stuff to do, it was just all around fantastic, and I'd love to see them do a remake. And not a remake of the sequel, because the sequel sucked. I realize asking for a remake of a game not that well known is unlikely...but hey, I can dream.

Also, GTA London 1969. It was awesome in the top down style, and I can only imagine how much more fun it would be in the more modern 3D-style GTA has taken on.

I would love to see a new top-down GTA.

I know there's a Prince of Persia one out, but I want it on 360 goddamnit.

A Wipeout package featuring every course, craft and music track used throughout the series would be phenomenal. A smilar take on Micro Machines would be good, too. I'd quite like to see a new "_____ Strike" game, too, they were awesome back in the day, but I just can't play them anymore because of how shitty they look. Only other thing I can think of would be Speedball 2, but more of a proper overhaul, detailed management and more advanced controls, rather than just the dreadful reskin that popped up on XBLA a few years ago.

Oh man - I really, really wanna see a new top down Grand Theft Auto now because I have really, really fond childhood memories of playing the first ever one. Hell, I never even had a chance to play the second one but I was really deep into the modding community for the first one. People did some really creative stuff actually.

Battletoads...thats all

An updated LAPD Future Cop, but keeping the same style of gameplay. One of my favourite PS1 games that was really underrated. It'd look awesome in HD.

• Like 1

A lot of games I want to see updated have already been, primarily Dragon Quest I - IV and the pre-PS1 Final Fantasies.

I'd be happy with a remake of Secret of Mana, or the Megaman games, or other classics like Castlevania, Contra, Life Force, etc.

Metal Gear 1 redone could be epic as well :shifty:

Fuck all that shit.

The THQ/AKI wrestling games on the N64. VPW64, WCW vs nWo World Tour, WCW/nWo Revenge, WrestleMania 2000, VPW2, and No Mercy. ALL MUST BE REDONE!

• Like 4