2011 College Football Season

Blowout city tonight. Wisconsin looks scary good guys.

South Carolina was upset, this could have been their year too.

Sort of a dull day though, the Arkansas comeback was exciting but I missed it and besides that there wasn't much really keeping my attention after the evening games turned into blowouts.

Not the way Garcia has been playing. He's looked like absolute shit. Lattimore has carried them this far.

And yeah, Wisconsin is nuts. Do they play Michigan? That should be a fun game, if so.

Was quite pleased with the Irish game. We played dominating ball (though against Purdue, but it was on the road...) all game long. They left their starters in on offense and scored a chump goal against our second team defense, but we shut them down all game long. We have Air Force at home next week, and then two weeks to prepare for USC at home. ^_^

• Like 1

Hello ... CLEMSON ? !! Yeah, they're finally legit. 3 weeks in a row guys (Auburn/FSU/VT), and this one was in Blacksburg and they absolutely made VT look like shit.

And yes LOL Nebraska ... welcome to the Big 12, love Wisconsin [/honeybadgerdon'tgiveashit]

SMU > TCU (looks like a "down" 9-4/8-5 type season to reload)

KState is a sleeper this year apparently (just knocked off RG3 and is 4-0 to start the season)

Two best teams with losing records right now ? UTAH ST and TOLEDO

I completely forgot about KSU, they're gonna make some noise in the Big 12 10 9 this year. And SMU's a good team, June Jones has revived that program.

But yeah, Clemson's knocked everyone off. The potential is there for them to run the table now, they'll sweep the ACC if they can go into Ga Tech and win. The season finale against South Carolina might have BCS National Championship implications for the Tigers.

Tigers vs Tigers in the National Championship? Right now I wouldn't be surprised.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/story/_/id/7066994/sources-tcu-horned-frogs-meeting-discuss-big-12-invite

So, looks like TCU is Big-12 bound. Them going to the Big East never made sense to me, but I'd imagine that was the only BCS conference going after them at the time.

Hearing rumblings that Louisville, Cincy, and West Virginia are all looking to get out of the Big East, as well. If that's the case, they'll be done for football. No way they'd keep their BCS invite, and with that, any reason for other teams to join.

No doubt in my mind that after TCU joins up they'll manage to find 3 more schools to get to 12. Mizzou is out at some point. I would expect the SEC to just look their way when it's all said and done and they realize they need a 14th team. Finally, there's no doubt that the Big East is done as a BCS conference once everyone leaves, hell they won't be an elite basketball conference either.

Big XII has talked to BYU, Louisville and West Virginia. I've heard it would be EITHER L-ville or WV, but if they took both it would boost the conference back to 12 and allow a conference championship game. Missouri will join the SEC sooner or later, so I say take both and roll with the following divisions.

North: BYU, Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas, West Virginia, Louisville

South: Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma State

The North would be much weaker than the South, but that has always been the case. Either way, the addition of TCU should be great as they have an excellent football and baseball program, plus finally being in a legit conference should boost their basketball program.

The North is insanely weak compared to the South. The third best team in the South will consistently be ranked higher than the top team in the North.

Anyone see Gary Patterson have a tissy-fit over what June Jones said last week? Jones said that TCU "doesn't change. They do what they do, because that's what good teams do." Meaning that TCU is good enough that they don't have to alter their plans against different opponents. Patterson took it to mean they were predictable and had a cow.