2011 College Football Season

Google Big East invites Villanova .....

Now they want AF, Navy for football (Navy makes sense and fits)

You can google it too. The invitation was extended and then put on hold. Big East basketball schools wanted Villanova to get the bid so they didn't bring in another school from out of conference to share their money with. The stadium was definitely part of the decision but I don't think they ever got close to letting them in.

I'm really interested to see what happens to West Virginia. They aren't an attractive option because of their TV market despite having a strong football program.

Edited by sahyder1

I'd love to see a version of the old Southwest conference realign with Texas, A&M, Baylor, TCU, SMU, Houston, Tech, etc. For some reason though, the Longhorns have something against the Frogs dating back to the Southwest days when they weren't included into the new Big XII. I doubt the Horns will push for them to get in now, especially since the Frogs don't have much to offer otherwise athletically besides football.

1 - Football is the only "thing" you need in this conference realignment jazz.

2 - However, TCU baseball is pretty f'n good (CWS last year, beating Texas in the Super Regional @ Austin) ... Women's Basketball isn't bad (20+ wins) and soccer (only play women's) is usually nationally ranked. They've got a very well rounded program.

2 - The old SWC and formation of the Big 12, in terms of the Texas schools, has everything to do with Baylor and nothing to do with TCU or anyone not liking them. Baylor had the right people in the right places (IE - political friends) to get themselves in as the "accepted" member to round out the conference as opposed to TCU/SMU/Houston. It's really ironic, the push they made and stance they took when A&M announced it's SEC departure. Because, it's pretty much exactly how they got into the Big 12 ...

You can google it too. The invitation was extended and then put on hold. Big East basketball schools wanted Villanova to get the bid so they didn't bring in another school from out of conference to share their money with. The stadium was definitely part of the decision but I don't think they ever got close to letting them in.

I didn't find anything about it being put on hold (outside of the invitation being contingent on Villanova finding a stadium situation that was acceptable, and the Title IX requirements met which I've already mentioned). By all means, if you've got that information then post it. I also didn't find anything about what you said, with certain schools being against it. In fact, as you pointed out, those very schools wanted Nova in as not to disrupt the basketball monies. There were a couple of schools that expressed reservations about the financial commitment from Nova, but that stemmed from the upgrading of facilities (read: football stadium, again already mentioned).

Fact remains, that the Big East put forth a formal invitation to Villanova to join as a football playing member.

2:30 slate is dreamy:

FSU/Clemson

A&M/OkST

ARK/Bama

Thanks to ABC/Espn regional split, I'll be able to watch all three (Y)

Upset watch:

SDSU @ the big house Michigan could easily drop this.

Tulsa @ Boise St ... the one thing Boise has yet to clean up in their rise, is beating teams that can score with them. Tulsa can run the scoreboard as good as anyone.

That's the 3:30 slate, fool. Get with the EST, already.

Not thrilled with the noon start of the Notre Dame game. We always start kinda slow on the earlier games. Which isn't great seeing that our fast starts are usually the best part of our games.

Why would I want to do that ? I did EST for 3 years ... fuck having the football start at NOON ... that's bullshit.

I'm CST BEOOOOOOOOOTTTCCHHHHHHHHH .... so good to be back in the Republic :D

LOL JUSTIN BLACKMON YOU'RE AN IDIOT :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

To be fair, I know people who go to Temple and aren't aware of how good he is.

Well, I don't expect the people at Temple to know ... they're still thinking that this guy should be hired to coach the feetballz team:

a_chaney_275.jpg

Guest mr. potato head

MPH, Jew you even know what we're talking about?

I know that if they should nab David Wannstedt from the Buffalo Bills next time they have a coaching vacancy. He'd lead them to the promised land and they'd make a real star of David. :shifty:

• Like 1