2011 College Football Season

So the Big-12 and Big East become the Big Leftovers. I sure as hell hope they don't get an auto-BCS birth.

They almost have to. The Big 10, ACC, SEC and Pac-16 being the only 4 leagues to get automatic bids would leave them with an easy path to a playoff and we can't have that.

Everyone's now predicting the demise of the Big East as well.

If UConn and Rutgers were smart, they would be scratching and clawing to get into the ACC. If not Rutgers, then USF.

I could see Rutgers and/or UConn ending up in the ACC with Big East Basketball only schools sticking together as a basketball conference with the likes of Georgetown, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, St. John's and schools that might go to a lesser conference for football but keep their basketball teams here like Louisville and Cincy.

Villanova and Georgetown play in lesser football conferences already.

I could see the Big East in tact as a basketball conference without football. But most of the big football players will run off. USF will probably bail when UConn/Rutgers follow suit. TCU never should have went here in the first place.

Yes, but those weren't the schools I was referring to. I was referring to Louisville and Cincy who are playing in a BCS conference.

There is a Big East meeting tonight where Notre Dame is basically trying to get the Big East Football schools to stay together so Big East can keep its hybrid model and and ND can keep all their teams except for Football in the Big East. Boeheim just told Mike Francesa that part of the reason Syracuse left is because of the special treatment Notre Dame has received.

Rutgers wants to go to the Big 10 but I'd be somewhat surprised if that happened although getting the NYC market involved would be big for their already successful TV network. Gun to my head right now I think UConn and Rutgers both end up at ACC.

West Virginia has reportedly been rejected by the ACC and SEC.

Part of me thinks we should make a "Conference Rock Rumble" thread for all the goings on and free this up for discussion of CFB.

Rutgers as team number 16 would make a lot of sense for the Scarlet Knights and the ACC. That leaves Philadelphia as the only major east coast market the conference lacks and outside of Temple there's no football program there who could possibly join. My big question though, does the ACC consider going to 20 in hoops? There's going to be a lot of flotsam from the Big East and they could add Nova to take care of the Philly market (and in a few years the Wildcats could move up to the FBS), St Johns and Seton Hall for more NY teams and then I'm sure find somebody extra who wants in. Unlikely, but something they might consider since the Big East was close to going there.

In closing... Lol West Virginia.

Part of me thinks we should make a "Conference Rock Rumble" thread for all the goings on and free this up for discussion of CFB.

Rutgers as team number 16 would make a lot of sense for the Scarlet Knights and the ACC. That leaves Philadelphia as the only major east coast market the conference lacks and outside of Temple there's no football program there who could possibly join. My big question though, does the ACC consider going to 20 in hoops? There's going to be a lot of flotsam from the Big East and they could add Nova to take care of the Philly market (and in a few years the Wildcats could move up to the FBS), St Johns and Seton Hall for more NY teams and then I'm sure find somebody extra who wants in. Unlikely, but something they might consider since the Big East was close to going there.

In closing... Lol West Virginia.

Villanova has been trying to get their football program going but apparently didn't get a shot in the Big East because Rutgers, UConn and I believe Syracuse were agaist it.

What are you talking about ? Last September the Big East formally invited them to be football members. The problems are from the fact that their stadium is 2500 short of the minimum for D1 and that women's programs need upgrading to meet Title IX requirements.

They've been buying commercial land around their current stadium and talked with PPL Park about possibilities as well.

Might all be moot now though. PAC said no to expansion.

Lol west Virginia indeed ... Also to Big 12 commish Beebe as well. Oklahoma said Fuck you very much and will only stay if your was is gone and the Longhorn Network is regulated. I'm curious though ... Baylor wants to sue ATM over leaving but nothing in regards to the other four ?

Also lol Missouri ... No the SEC does not want your second rate ass.

What are you talking about ? Last September the Big East formally invited them to be football members. The problems are from the fact that their stadium is 2500 short of the minimum for D1 and that women's programs need upgrading to meet Title IX requirements.

I believe it was brought up in Tranghese's interview with Mike Francesa yesterday. If not it was on WFAN yesterday afternoon. Big East had begun process to invite Villanova but I don't remember there being a formal invitation. Apparently Rutgers and a couple of other schools blocked the invite.

I've heard that West Virginia, Brigham Young, and Louisville are going to join the Big XII, and expansion to the Big XVI could still happen. Being from Texas, I hope we can keep our conference together. I'd hate to see the Longhorns play the majority of their games on the West coast, meaning later start times and unfamiliar teams.

I've heard that West Virginia, Brigham Young, and Louisville are going to join the Big XII, and expansion to the Big XVI could still happen. Being from Texas, I hope we can keep our conference together. I'd hate to see the Longhorns play the majority of their games on the West coast, meaning later start times and unfamiliar teams.

I'm not going to rule out WV but with the ACC and SEC already laughing in their faces I'm not sure the Big 12 is interested, especially considering that they've pledged to the Big East along with the other football playing schools.

BYU is a real possibility and Louisville is iffy considering that they're looking at TCU/SMU/Houston/Air Force as well.

I'm not going to rule out WV but with the ACC and SEC already laughing in their faces I'm not sure the Big 12 is interested, especially considering that they've pledged to the Big East along with the other football playing schools.

BYU is a real possibility and Louisville is iffy considering that they're looking at TCU/SMU/Houston/Air Force as well.

I'd love to see a version of the old Southwest conference realign with Texas, A&M, Baylor, TCU, SMU, Houston, Tech, etc. For some reason though, the Longhorns have something against the Frogs dating back to the Southwest days when they weren't included into the new Big XII. I doubt the Horns will push for them to get in now, especially since the Frogs don't have much to offer otherwise athletically besides football.