2011 College Football Season

This Rutgers loss to North Carolina makes my brain and my balls hurt. How do you manage to lose a game when your opponents try to give it to you 5 times?

*sigh* Only Rutgers :(

It was a winnable game for Rutgers in the end but that blown call on 2nd and goal in the first quarter was bad. That was a TD and should have been reviewed. 7 points there make a big difference. There was also a pass interference call on that last drive.

Dodd looked good after the shaky start. I'll take the positives that came out of this despite the loss.

I do think this is as much a basketball decision as a football one, especially for Syracuse (I heard they shut down their program after McNabb graduated). There's a ton more money in football but the ACC and Big East are basketball-first conferences, the only two in the nation. Too much of a logjam in the Big East. More importantly for the ACC, these are safety measures in case Clemson and/or FSU decide to hightail it to the SEC and in case Miami athletics are euthanized.

As a Maryland fan, I'm not looking forward to playing Cuse or Pitt in basketball every year. But hopefully this means the ACC can finally split into geographic divisions.

North: Cuse, Pitt, BC, Maryland, Va Tech, Virginia, NC State

South: Duke, UNC, Clemson, Wake, Georgia Tech, Miami, FSU

I do think this is as much a basketball decision as a football one, especially for Syracuse (I heard they shut down their program after McNabb graduated). There's a ton more money in football but the ACC and Big East are basketball-first conferences, the only two in the nation.

While I'm not trying to pick an argument and in regards to these two schools basketball probably is helping the decision .... none of this is about basketball. Even the ACC is shifting, and has been for a few years now. NC football is just as prominent as NC basketball the last 5 years, same with Wake Forest. Outside of Duke, none of the ACC basketball powers have a football program that seriously trails the hoopsters anymore. Even Maryland has evened out.

Simple enough for the Big East schools. Outside of the Big 12, the Big East is the conference on life support. There's no more room in the Big 10, and the ACC is probably looking for back up plans. The ACC is much more attractive overall and at least this way you're being proactive and not ending up "in a Baylor."