2011 College Football Season

Meh, some of the Uniform "updates" I don't mind. Hell some schools experimenting I don't mind either (Texas Tech/Boise St) because of the lack of tradition and the ability to make a slight splash but keep it contained. Even some of the Tradition lathered schools have had some good "updates" such as Texas/Ohio State.

But when you do shit just for the shit of it and end up just shitting all over the place ..... :puke: bitch gotta go.

The University of Central Arkansas will be debuting their alternating purple and grey turf

pg2_arkansas1x_600.jpg

I actually kinda like that..think its a neat look

Now Baylor is leading a "threatening a law suit" charge that has gained the likes of Kansas/KState/IowaState ... even though the Big 12 Commish has already sent a letter to A&M dated Sept 2nd that says the Big 12 wouldn't pursue legal action :rolleyes:

While I applaud Baylor (the others are tag alongs that didn't have the nuts to speak up themselves) for not just rolling over and accepting the butt raping that is surely coming their way as the dominoes start to fall ... it's still pretty pathetic and weak. It's like tracking down your ex and threatening to beat her new man's ass. Sure, it shows you've got the balls but it's just better/smarter to wrap them up in your pride and leave it be.

EDIT: It's now swelled to 8 of the 9 remaining. Oklahoma doesn't give a shit, they've got bigger and better things to think about.

Reality is Harsh

OU and OSU are tied at the hip. If OU is out, so is OSU. That's it for the Big 12, or if Texas goes it's the end for the conference. Either way it's probably best. The MWC can pilfer the Kansas schools and probably Mizzou. Baylor would do GREAT in Conference USA, Iowa State can fuck off to the North where they belong and Tech can just die in a fire :shifty:

OU and OSU are tied at the hip. If OU is out, so is OSU. That's it for the Big 12, or if Texas goes it's the end for the conference. Either way it's probably best. The MWC can pilfer the Kansas schools and probably Mizzou. Baylor would do GREAT in Conference USA, Iowa State can fuck off to the North where they belong and Tech can just die in a fire :shifty:

I know that no one gives a shit about basketball in the whole realignment orgy, but considering the $15 billion tied up in March Madness, it should become some kind of factor sometime. Kansas isn't likely to want to have its basketball team suffer from any "Little Sisters of the Poor" demerits of playing in the MWC, so the Big East will probably have its hand out to KU, KSU, and Mizzou (if the Tiggers don't follow the wagon train to the SEC). That would give the Big East 12 football teams and 20 (dear God, where does it end?) in basketball. Either that or the Kansases try to join the Oklahomas in the Pac-16.

The conferences just all need to die in a fire, and the map needs to be redrawn strictly based on location. I've done it, you can actually divide 120 teams into six strictly geographic regions of 20 with only one state (Idaho) being split. And there are still some compelling football matchups involved, too.

I always forget OU and OSU have to travel together.

Anyway, it would be interesting to see how active the MWC gets in taking up the wayward programs.

I had never heard that. Why do OU and OSU have to travel together

Anyway, it would be interesting to see how active the MWC gets in taking up the wayward programs.

Well they are attached at the hip and have to be in the same conference, they don't take the same planes. Well they might but not at the same time.

It's a state law ...

Jstarr I agree that basketball monies are pretty significant and should be at play here but let's be real .... The tourny tv deal is 10.8b while the SEC and PAC tv deals alone are 5.5b

LOL Baylor returning tickets to the game @ Kyle Field later this year ... only 850 Baylor fans were brave enough to purchase tickets so far.

Looks like the ACC might be readying itself for what's coming Possibly raising buyout

PAC12 says they're not actively seeking expansion Politically correct statements here (PUH-LEASE, if Texas an Oklahoma/OST come calling they'll gladly accept Texas Tech as the make weight and go to 16 without a second thought).

Oh, and good job Fresno State Welfare fraud ? Really ?

While I hate the shit out of both schools, the college football crazy in me is absolutely stoked for the first night game at "the big house" tonight for Michigan/ND. That will be "one of those things" you remember regardless of what happens. Like the first night game at Wrigley (yup, I'm dated).

And this tidbit from Maisel's 3 point stance:

2. Tired of greedy schools out for anything but the good of the game? Check out the story in the Houston Chronicle on Thursday about SMU center Blake McJunkin in the loss to Texas A&M on Sunday. McJunkin helped tackle Aggie safety Trent Hunter after an interception. When Hunter lost his helmet, McJunkin raised his arm above Hunter’s head to shield him in the pileup. “It was the right thing to do, no matter the color of his jersey,” McJunkin said. The right thing to do? Hope he inspires a few college presidents.

That's just bad ass.