PES 12

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know if its any good, I've failed miserably thus far in my usb stick hunt and am veering between that and the wenb one. GTMs always looks good but the last one of his had a Newcastle shirt with a plain back. Sacrilege.

This is just a base, as far as I can tell. Everything in the PL/La Liga is done, and the kits/badges for 18 Bundesliga/18 Championship teams are there, but the players aren't until his next version is released.

I hear you only have to copy one file over this time? Thank fucking god.

I don't think I am. The very first reply to the thread on PESGaming is someone confirming that John Murphy said it would be one file to copy over, but it doesn't appear to be the case at all.

EDIT: So yeah, it's one by one - but whenever he makes any future updates, you'll just have to replace the "Edit Data" file. I'll copy it over when I get a spare hour.

I know it feels much faster/arcadey, but it has an "anything can happen" (and usually does!) feel to it, and I love it. It feels like I'm playing PES on the PS2 again, with next-gen improvements.

I just love how you can attack in various different ways, and score so many different types of goals on it - against the higher AI levels on FIFA, it's like you need to attack a certain way to score. But everything on PES from the crossing, shooting and through/lofted balls just seem much smoother. It makes FIFA look clunky. Yes, it's supposed to be a realistic "simulation", but it takes some of the fun out of it. This game is fantastic. It's also very hard - and not really in a "hard because the AI are conning me" way, it's just hard to break teams down, but when you do, it's so rewarding.

Also awesome, is the GTM Option File I'm using. It isn't completely finished yet, but the hour I spent copying it over earlier was well worth it. It includes stadiums he's created, so MOST PL teams have their stadia in the game, which is fucking sweet. I think he said he was adding the rest of the stadiums in his 1.1 update. I'll hold off starting a ML until that's out, so I can have the C'ship teams involved.

I've already worked through all of the online trophies, and just started a CL as Man City. 5pts from my first 3 games, with 1 win and 2 draws, but it's enough to be on top. Balotelli scored a cracker in my 3-1 win against Copenhagen (which unlocked the "win a CL game" trophy).

It's a shame that playing with a friend (the two of you against the AI) doesn't seem to unlock trophies, or at least the "win an exhibition match" one. We did start a CL together, but lost 3 out of our 5 games and drew 2, so don't know if the trophy to win a game would have unlocked. shifty.gif

For anyone else on PS3, we should make a "community" - I'm not entirely sure what you can do within it, but ...we should.

Haven't even looked into the Option Files yet as I've been playing mostly online, I'll likely get round to it in the next week or so. Are there any crowd files this year anywhere? I swear there was some last year, unless I'm imagining it.

Really built my MLO team up nicely now. The form stuff is great this year, meaning most people are changing their teams on a daily basis due to how different the form system is this time around. Thiago is outstanding. I also love that you can actually save goals that are scored online too, thank fuck.

Also need to get back around to finishing off my CL with United. I'm into the quarters but lost the first leg to Inter 5-2. Got a mountain to climb in the return leg, the first leg was hard as shit on Top Player.

There's also some awesome stuff out there now in terms of formations, sliders and tactics to make certain teams even more realistic when playing as them or against them. Somebody already nailed the Barca system, which I'd recommend using as it gives for a more realistic AI for Barcelona, meaning they have much more possession in their games (AI wise). Makes the game that bit better.

I tried a CL as Utd, with my nephew - we won 1, drew 2 and lost 3, so went out.

I tried my own one as Man City yesterday, and didn't do much better. I will qualify for the knockout phase one day!

I did manage to get through the Copa Libertadores group with Santos, but only just. I won the first two games, but only got 2 draws and 2 defeats from the last 4, so I scraped through on goal difference.

I'm waiting on GTM to finish his file so that I can have the Championship in ML. The logos/kits are all done, but I'm waiting on him to put the correct players in.

I love having nearly every PL stadium in the game as well. He's created them almost to perfection. It adds so much to the game playing at a different stadium, as opposed to 8 teams having the same generic ground.

Literally itching to get home from work and play this now. I haven't had that with a football game since PES on PS2.

So I have to transfer all 800+ files across one by one? Think I might wait until I'm REALLY bored.

Though the PS3 warns me that if I copy edit data I might not be able to earn trohpies, which worries me somewhat.

Edited by Yoshihiro timmayyama