PES 12

I decided I needed to get some practice in before I attempt the diary, so I had a few Swansea-Cardiff matches, drawing the first 2-2, and winning the second 3-2 (though they scored with the last kick of the game). Got back into it quicker than I thought.

Then, I finished off the Man City group stage I started - I think it was my 4th attempt, but I finally managed to qualify, topping the group in the process. It's Napoli up next in the last 16, but I'll do that at a later date.

I also spent a bit of time editing United, updating player positions etc. - no way should Smalling go 60-odd rated when he's at RB. So yeah, stuff like that. HOPEFULLY, I'll be able to get started early next week.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mega bump!

With the Euro's here, and the appropriate logo already in my game, I decided to set up the tournament and see how far I could go with England.

The game made me play Ukraine first, which I won surprisingly comfortably (2-0) after goals from Carroll and Young.

The second, against France, started perfectly. A cross from Johnson to the back post was smashed in first time off the underside of the bar by Ashley Cole. They eventually beat me 2-1 though.

I knew I had to avoid defeat in the Sweden game, but found myself 1-0 down after 20mins. Two for Carroll, and one each for Walcott and Defoe secured a 4-1 win in Rooney's first match back.

As an added bonus, Ukraine beat France 2-1, meaning I won the group on goal difference ahead of them. I expected my quarter final opponents to be Italy, but the Republic of Ireland snatched 2nd.

A Jagielka goal (Given's mistake), and a Keogh equaliser took the game to extra time. It was close, but Rooney scored a header from close range in the 98th minute to win it for me. I was holding on a little at the end, after having Lescott sent off for a 2nd bookable offence, but got through.

Up next, it's the semi's, and France again - they beat Spain 3-2. Holland and Portugal are contesting the other semi. Here's hoping I can go all the way. France have a frightening attack though.

EDIT: Aaaand smashed 7-2 in the semi's. My biggest loss on the game by far. They battered me!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing this more!

I played that France game a second time and won on pens after a 1-1 draw, then beat Portugal in the final the same way, also after a 1-1 draw, but that one was still 0-0 at the end of normal time.

With that trophy earned, I went and finished off my CL and CopLib campaigns, winning both.

Realistically, there's another two attainable trophies for me to pick up, then it's onto 2013!