nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

Not sure whether to be happy or disappointed with the Huddersfield defeat, in one sense I wanted them to do it, in another I couldn't put up with the gobby shites (I only know one Huddersfield fan who is anywhere near reasonable when it comes to a football debate).

• Admin
Portsmouth's parent company Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI) are the subject of insolvency proceedings.

Controlled by Vladimir Antonov - recently arrested in an inquiry into asset stripping - CSI is now temporarily protected from creditors.

It is unclear whether CSI has formally entered administration or it has sought the court's protection prior to the appointment of an administrator.

Either way, CSI appears insolvent and Pompey could now be deducted points.

The Football Association has previously indicated that those clubs whose parent company enter administration will be subject to a points deduction process. The Football League was not immediately available for comment.

"Almost all companies that file a notice of intention to appoint an administrator end up in administation or liquidation," insolvency lawyer Guy Thomas of Taylor Walton told BBC Sport.

Last week Portsmouth's former owners Portpin Ltd re-emerged as an interested party in the club's future after filing a charge at Companies House over the parent company making it a secured creditor over CSI.

Antonov secured the sale of Portsmouth from Hong Kong businessman Balram Chainrai, director of Sports Holdings (Asia) Ltd in June. Portpin is another Chainrai company.

Chainrai first took over at Fratton Park in February 2010, placing Portsmouth in administration after initially investing £17m in the club, and "reluctantly" assuming control when previous owner Ali Al Faraj defaulted on loan payments due to him.

Portsmouth were consequently deducted nine points on their way to relegation from the top flight.

I feel so sorry for the fans.

The fans I feel for. Everybody else involved in this shambolic mess I will laugh at until the team goes out of business. Which may happen.

I was angered by their audacity in signing Lawrence and Kitson on huge contracts in the situation they were in. Although now that Steve "I know we lost 3-0 but we were by far the better side" Cotterill has left I am finding it easier not to hate them.

And actually, that nickname is too long.

Steve "Massive Cunt" Cotterill.

Sorted.

The fans I feel for. Everybody else involved in this shambolic mess I will laugh at until the team goes out of business. Which may happen.

I was angered by their audacity in signing Lawrence and Kitson on huge contracts in the situation they were in. Although now that Steve "I know we lost 3-0 but we were by far the better side" Cotterill has left I am finding it easier not to hate them.

Sorted.

Christ, Dave Kitson is still playing highish level football? The man has done anything of note since those two years he was deadly at Reading. What's he meant to be on at Pompey?

Northampton have named Aidy Boothroyd as their new manager on a one year rolling contract. Good appointment for them I think, his football isn't pretty but he should be able to dig them out of the mess they're in at the moment.

hopefully he can sort it out, they are complete shambles atm.

Sorted.

Christ, Dave Kitson is still playing highish level football? The man has done anything of note since those two years he was deadly at Reading. What's he meant to be on at Pompey?

He's pretty decent - or at least he always, always scores against us. But he's on like 25k a week, as are the likes of Lawrence, Mokoena and other such rubbish. It's a joke.

• Admin
A Southampton supporter who chanted homophobic abuse has received a three-year football banning order.

Joseph Webb committed the offence at Southampton's St Mary's Stadium during the Championship game with Brighton and Hove Albion on 19 November.

Webb, 26, of Field Close, Romsey, admitted at Southampton Magistrates' Court to a charge under the Public Order Act.

He was also fined £100 and ordered to pay £100 costs.

Rikesh Sakaaria, 28, from Bassett Avenue, in Bassett, Southampton, was also charged under the same offence but the case against him was withdrawn.

A Hampshire Constabulary spokeswoman said: "Homophobia within football is currently the subject of national debate, and the ban given today highlights the fact this type of behaviour will not be tolerated.

"Thousands of people pay each week to watch sport and enjoy themselves, and they should not have to hear offensive language and abuse while they do so. We will continue to take action against those who behave in such a way at football matches."

(N) that guy

(Y) he got done

To be fair, if it was against Brighton, it'll be pretty harsh if he was done for "we can see you holding hands" or "does your boyfriend know you're here?" given that every club in the country chants those songs against Brighton.

Anyway, 2-0 Snodgrass double. Easy. (H)

To be fair, if it was against Brighton, it'll be pretty harsh if he was done for "we can see you holding hands" or "does your boyfriend know you're here?" given that every club in the country chants those songs against Brighton.

Anyway, 2-0 Snodgrass double. Easy. (H)

And that's the kind of attitude that allows bullshit like that to exist.

• Like 1

So where do you stop it? Can you not call Cardiff/Swansea fans sheep shaggers? Or not call Liverpool fans theives? Barnsley fans inbreds? Millwall fans cunts? I'm sorry, it's not an anti-homosexual chant, it's an anti-Brighton chant. If he was singling someone out or abusing a player, fair enough that's not acceptable. Mocking Brighton's stereotyped gay community is just part of football fandom.

But fuck it, lets make all football fans sit down, clap politely and eat prawn sandwiches.