nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

Yes! Big win against Bournemouth and, by the looks of the stats, we probably would have settled for a draw. Good stuff! And its good to see Charlie Daniels on the losing side, he should have stayed at Orient because next season's football manager will be impossible without him dry.gif

I have to say that the recent money fortunes of Bournemouth (Spartak Bournemouth? :shifty: ) have left me more than a little bit irritated. Clubs who suffer money worries, are saved despite not having to pay creditors back with even close to the full amounts they owe are the last teams that should have Russian billionaires coming in and throwing money around. It's especially disappointing because Bournemouth are a team I've long liked due in no small part to their connection to us in recent years, and because it was very admirable how, on less than a shoestring budget, under Eddie Howe and then Lee Bradbury they managed to haul themselves up from a -17 deficit in League Two to challenge at the top end of League One last season.

I'd read Matt's posts and knew things were bad at Leeds, but I didn't realise things were so desperate that they would lose to Coventry.

Things are dire, fucking dire.

The regime of Bates & Harvey pump out these stories about players being happy under Redfearn (or Redders as he's cringingly been named by Regime.com at leedsunited.com) trying to placate the masses of happy happy happy squad and happy happy happy club when in actual fact. Theyre happy because theyre a set of lazy cunts and 'Redders' is a soft touch and they don't want to be knocked off their perch by a Warnock type who will kick them round Elland Road until they put in decent performances.

And fucking Bates & Harvey... pair of twats. If you fire your manager, you'd half expect them to have a line-up replaced right? if they didn't you'd fully expect them to work hard to find a new manager to take over and not take your holiday right? fucking Penfold cunt.

I really hate what is happening at my club, its diabolical at best. They don't seem to realise that they're making fans who'd crawl over broken glass to support them walk away from the club.

To be fair, there's no way of knowing if the players are actually all that happy working under "Redders" or if they weren't happy under Grayson. All we know is that the press officers have been told to interview the players and ask how they like working under him; they're hardly gonna turn around and say "nah, he's a clueless cunt", not if they want to play anyway.

As for the team, we're not that bad: McCormack, Becchio, Snodgrass, Clayton, Lonergan and White are all good players but beyond that we've just got loanees and journeymen.

I didn't listen to the game last night but by the looks of it, the reason we lost (aside from giving 2 penalties away) was the negativity from "Redders". Drawing 1-1 after 60 minutes against the worst side in the division? Take off Fabian Delph and bring on noted attacking player Michael Brown. Still drawing 10 minutes later? Take off the right back and replace him with a 30-odd year old centre half that hasn't played for 4 months. Still drawing with 10 minutes to go? Take off the division's second highest goalscorer who is on good form and replace him with a lightweight winger that's done nothing against anyone that isn't Bradford City. :wacko:

So stands to reason that he'll be appointed.

• Admin

Spurs AND Bournemouth? Greedy git.

Not forgetting Watford :P

Bournemouth were due some good fortune after the horrendous trials and tribulations of the past few years. Delighted that McDermott is back as he was class on loan last year. And Matt Tubbs returning is superb news; he's a top goalscorer.

Well, they were doing well and then the fabled undefeatable run (excluding play offs, cup games etc.) came to an end and they've sort of struggled to find great form again. About fourth at the minute I think but looking safe for the play offs. Charlton are running away with the league and it's a toss up between the Sheffield teams and Huddersfield for the second.

That's incredible that.

I thought Huddersfield were doing pretty well this season?

They're fourth in the table, two points behind 3rd place Sheffield Wednesday and with a game in hand on them. They're six points ahead of MK Dons, who trail them in 5th.

This is the most bizarre sacking since Hughton and Newcastle last season, surely? I can't think of any more strange off the top of my head.

• Admin
Huddersfield Town has today parted company with First Team Manager Lee Clark and his coaching team.

Huddersfield Town Chairman Dean Hoyle said:

"This was a very difficult decision; one not taken lightly or in response to one result. Concerns have been raised over recent weeks.

"Lee and his coaching staff have put their all into the job over the past three seasons and he has made a huge contribution to the Club.

"However with 16 matches to go we still have an opportunity to achieve promotion and we have made this change with this in mind."

Huddersfield Town would like to place on record it's thanks to Lee and his coaching staff and wish them all the best for the future.

Academy Manager Mark Lillis will take temporary charge of the first team until a new manager is appointed.

- htafc.com

The timing seems a bit ridiculous but Clark has had three seasons to do this on a ridiculously big budget for a League One side. Perhaps the owners thought that if they can bring in a manager who can turn some of those one too many draws into wins then this season is still a promotional one.

Not that I agree. But assuming he hasn't been sacked because word got out about his interest in the Leeds job or anything like that, and it was purely a decision made by the board.