The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Great goal. Hopefully it'll give us a kick up the arse we need. Wouldn't be surprised to see Spurs just keep running down that left hand side, a right hand side of Henderson/Skrtel shouldn't be too hard to keep exploiting.

We're utter shite at the moment. It's like we forgot how to play this week. And cab we please drop Skertel and Carragher now? We'd be better with a proper right back and Coates in defence

Shouldn't have done the needless tackle for the first yellow card. We just haven't got into the game and now with a man down this could potentially make things even worse.

Robinsons a left back...although he'd do a much better job than Skrtel (not hard tbf) <_<

We'll end up with 9 men at one bit.

I thought he could play both full back positions. But still, Flanagan would be an improvement, he hasn't got the experience but at least he knows how to play right back, Skrtel never seems to be in the right place.

Spurs have just been beautiful. Liverpool players losing their heads. All yellow cards and freekicks actually deserved, it's a total lack of self control from the Liverpool players - Suarez's booking was correct and yet so utterly pointless.

Kranjcar fantastic, Bale frightening, Modric wonderful, Adebayor everything we've needed in a striker and BAE the best left back we've had in living memory.

God we're shite! Skrtel is awful (as usual), Carragher is well out of it. The Midfield (other than Lucas) have ben over run and we look completely toothless. What happened to the team that battered Bolton?!

I wouldn't trust Flanagan with this ref though, he'd probably get sent off.

This game has been so depressing to watch. I'd move Carragher to right back because Skrtel doesn't have a clue about positioning whatsoever at right back and even if he doesn't have the pace atleast Carragher can play right back.

I think the only positive Liverpool can take from that first half is that they're only one goal behind. Just takes one moment to bring it back, in the same way that their disallowed goal was totally against the run of play. Spurs are ALWAYS open to such goals.

I wouldn't trust Flanagan with this ref though, he'd probably get sent off.

This game has been so depressing to watch. I'd move Carragher to right back because Skrtel doesn't have a clue about positioning whatsoever at right back and even if he doesn't have the pace atleast Carragher can play right back.

I agree about Carra, that said I wouldn't play either of them, at least Flannagan has some pace to cope with Bale. Carragher woul be eaten alive!