The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Cooooooome onnnnnnnnn Saaaaaaammmmy!

I'm not going to even say it... :shifty:

Good win tonight for Liverpool, I think this might just write Newcastle out of the 'top clubs' shake-up for the season. January should be interesting to see how Liverpool cope without Suarez, whether or not Carroll will actually start doing something, and whether or not Dalglish will bring any new players in.

Cooooooome onnnnnnnnn Saaaaaaammmmy!

I'm not going to even say it... :shifty:

Good win tonight for Liverpool, I think this might just write Newcastle out of the 'top clubs' shake-up for the season. January should be interesting to see how Liverpool cope without Suarez, whether or not Carroll will actually start doing something, and whether or not Dalglish will bring any new players in.

I only do it for you...

I don't think we were ever in the top clubs shakeup anyway to be honest, our run depended on beating the teams we 'should' do and watching the likes of Liverpool slip up against the 'lesser' teams. If they push on from this top half is our aim, but if they and maybe Arsenal or Chelsea slip up at all there's the off chance of top six if we keep beating the likes of Villa etc.

Also, love Mick McCarthys video and can't believe that wasn't overturned. Very wary of a suspension for Cabaye though, maybe Colo too though I've not seen an angle yet.

Oh I know, and I can't help but think of it everytime I see he's come on.

And I agree, but to be fair Newcastle have more than held their own so far this season, it's just this recent poor run. I think you're right about keeping on the periphery of the top 6 and looking to capitalise on slip ups too.

Steed Malbranque was pretty prolific for the old tab, and I imagine he still very much will be. Moreso than the usual 'has one on the odd night out' sort of thing like most footballers, he was a genuine smoker day-in day-out as far as I'm aware. Maybe moreso just towards the end of his career as opposed to when he was at his peak.

• Admin

Had no idea that there was an early kick-off!!

Man Utd: de Gea, Rafael, Jones, Carrick, Evra, Nani, Valencia, Park, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov.

Subs: Lindegaard, Anderson, Diouf, Pogba, Will Keane, Fryers, Cole.

Blackburn: Bunn, Lowe, Samba, Hanley, Pedersen, Henley, N'Zonzi, Petrovic, Rochina, Formica, Yakubu.

Subs: Kean, Slew, Blackman, Goodwillie, Vukcevic, Morris, Linganzi.

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)

Blackburn have so many injuries that Steve Kean is forced to name himself as a substitute <_<

Yakubu shockingly gives Blackburn the lead from the spot!

Please, please. We're watching on ESPN with Waddle on commentary, give it its proper name please: pelanty.

Anyways this is a really interesting exhibition match, a bit odd for them to have such a sombre and unmotivating event in the middle of the Premier League season but there you go...

Edited by IAceI

The cleaners will be praying that Man Utd can still win this because picking up 70,000 dummies from fans who expect victories every week will be a nightmare. That said, it's nice to hear the Man Utd crowd have actually woken up now they have something to cheer about.