The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

There are apparently 12 candidates that FSG wish to interview. The only possible ones we know about are Rogers and Martinez.

I would guess he wasn't offered the job just asked to come in for an interview. Turned it down. So what? Getting asked for an interview and getting offered the job are two totally different things.

Also wasn't that announced ages ago about Wembley? It's hosting it again because it's the FA's 125th year or something.

Yeah it was. Just being reminded of it brought up my previous irritation.

Though with that said, at least it's not the home ground of any Champions League club... <_<

The community shield game between Chelsea and Man.City next season will be played at Villa Park because Wembley will be unavailable because of the Olympics.

My Newcastle mate always says "ner but we did win it cos we got the furthest of the winners!"

It isn't like Spain call themselves the champions of the World Cup qualifiers is it?

No but then again had Newcastle won the UEFA Cup I don't think they'd have been calling themselves the Intertoto Cup winners either, to be fair.

• Like 1