Best sports game for non fan of that sport

Quom

Its like the anti-Tony Hawks game. It reminds me more of Thrasher on the original playstation.

Some of the mini games on XBL or PSN might be worth a try, I have the NHL Arcade game and its quite fun for what it is

Baseball is, of all the American sports, the easiest to grasp.

It's really not. There are far too many nuances in the ruleset, and not to mention you need to know which of the four (pitching, batting, fielding, baserunning) controls to use at which times. At least with football (Madden style), you're locked into one guy before switching to the next guy. In a baseball game, you can sometimes need to control four people on a single play.

It's, in a lot of ways, the most difficult to grasp.

NHL is decent (I'm not a fan of hockey), but I feel there's only so much you can actually do on a small field of ice with a puck. For the short while I played it, I did enjoy the NHL demo last time though, mostly because of being able to attack the opponent :pervert:

Who the hell calls it a field? :unsure:

Why don't you translate 'rink' into Dutch for him then?

• Like 1

Having played almost every sports game (aside from golf or tennis), I would say NHL or NBA games would be the easiest. I recently got NHL 2011, because my friend recommended it and it's not challenging at all, and I'm definitely not a hockey fan. NBA, also is easy to grasp. Your players usually get the rebounds and defense is usually taken care of so it's not too challenging.

The hardest for me is definitely baseball. I watch it, but I suck at the game. In MLB 2K10, I could barely hit the ball, so I quit. Madden is easy for me, since I know a large amount about football and have played it a lot, but it shouldn't be too hard to grasp.

But I would say NHL, 'cause all you do is slide around a court and you can make plenty of shots and still suck. (in the game, of course)

The EA Sports NHL series is the reason why I love hockey. NHL 94 on the SNES was my gateway into the sport. The newer games maintain some of the simplicity that the early games had and make the sport easy to understand.

And to Gazz...Jam was better on the SNES.

NBA Jam Tournament Edition, Tecmo Super Bowl, and NHL '95 are probably the trinity of fun sports games that anyone can enjoy.

Tecmo Super Bowl was the greatest. I remember being so pumped when I clinched the division and saw the slideshow of my team celebrating. That was some hot shit in 1991.

I liked the first Madden on the Mega Drive, mainly because I kicked the shit out of everyone with the 49'ers.

You mean San Fransisco? There were no licensed teams in the first one :P

Tecmo Bowl just doesn't stack up for me anymore. But then, I didn't really play it in its heyday.