2011 Copa América

Lineker

• Admin

I was annoyed that I couldn't get onto my bet365 account to watch, but if it's 0-0 then no big loss :P

Anyone else read the multi-page article on the future of Brazilian football in FourFourTwo? Basically focus on Ganso, Neymar, and Lucas Moura.

• Like 2

I was annoyed that I couldn't get onto my bet365 account to watch, but if it's 0-0 then no big loss :P

Anyone else read the multi-page article on the future of Brazilian football in FourFourTwo? Basically focus on Ganso, Neymar, and Lucas Moura.

I speed-read the article instead of buying it, it was something like $10 and I didn't want to spend that much, but sort of got the jist of it. Think trying to say Brazilian football might be dying is a bit of a stretch, they always have some phenomenal talent coming through. Imagine any other country, particularly us, if we had the crop of players come through time and again like they do. Like you say, Neymar, Ganso etc. are still young and I've been watching a bit of the FIFA Under 17 World Cup and they have some more talented players there such as Lucas Piazon, Ademilson and in particularly I've been impressed with Adryan who I think looks set to be a great talent in the future. They've just beaten a solid Japan team 3-2, battled to a 3-3 draw with Ivory Coast who were scoring for fun too in the group stages and won their other two matches with realative fuss, into the semi-finals with Uruguay next.

Personally I think Brazil's problems lie in the advanced tactical aspect of the game as other coaches are putting more emphasis on top defending (believe that was mentioned in the article referenced) as opposed to free-flowing attacking football for 90 minutes, but in terms of technical ability then Brazil will forever continue to produce brilliant players.

• Admin

The article wasn't really saying that it was dying but it was saying that Brazilian success may not be the extravagent stuff their fans are used to as it looks to be set on working from the back forwards, due to the immense crop of defenders and defensive players they have right now/coming though. So more RIP Samba style than RIP Brazilian national team.

On Lucas Moura, is he good?

I haven't had much chance to watch a lot of the Copa America at all so far. Been far more engrossed in the U17's, and now the Tour de France is on the go again but I feel I need to watch some of the matches. Are many of the teams fielding younger teams or are most of them full strength? Would be good to have a look at some of the younger players on the go at Brazil, particularly interested in this Lucas mentioned since he sounds like a bright player and I haven't really be able to see much of him like I have with Neymar and Ganso.

I've heard a few big teams have been interested in him and I get the feeling he may be able to deliver more with less expectations on him than perhaps Neymar could. I've seen an atricle whereby Emerson says Juventus should go for Lucas rather than Neymar.

All this talk of Lucas Moura, Lucas Piazon (EDIT: Just realised Chelsea have a contract with him, will now have to watch to see what he'll bring to the Premier League) etc. has me wanting to go back and start a Sao Paulo game on FM. I haven't played with them since 07/08 or so, so it may be time to don the team again. Even if they no longer have Hernanes.

Has anyone noticed any stand out players for some of the lesser nations? And also was Arango of Gladbach playing for Venezuela, he always rips it up on FM in the Budesliga, wonder how good he is in real life. ¬_¬

Edited by IAceI

Arango is great. Rincon and Rondon and Miku are pretty good also for Venezuela.

That Valencia guy for Ecuador is pretty good :shifty: .... They've also got Chucho Benitez, Christian Noboa, Edson Montano (20yr old they're really high on) and Felipe Caicedo

Bolivia - Ricardo Pedriel plays in Turkey and Marcelo Martins plays for Shakhtar Donetsk

Peru - Juan Vargas is awesome ...

Uruguay/Peru just started, should be a fun match.

43rd edition of the Copa America, and Venezuela have won their third game, ever.

Costa Rica/Honduras also have 3 wins in the tournament ... going into this year the US has 2 wins out of their twelve matches with Venezuela had 2 out of their 49 ..... LOL Venezuela.

Uruguay vs Mexico is next, Uruguay have to win to advance to the quarters. I'm glad Chile have done well in the groups, I can see them going all the way now especially if the 'big' teams continue to under-perform.

Just looking and Uruguay could probably sneak through with just a draw but they'd have to rely on other results, I forgot about the best third placed teams going through.