2011 Copa América

Lineker

• Admin

Here are the squads.

Costa Rica have replaced Japan who withdrew. The tournament is on ESPN in the UK.

Mexico suspend eight.

I'd like to think that Brazil should win with little difficulty, Argentina have the talent but are always unpredictable, Mexico are coming off of the high of winning the Gold Cup, and nations like Columbia, Venezuela, and Ecuador are always inproving. Not forgetting how well both Paraguay and especially Uruguay did last year in South Africa.

The first match is on Friday, when hosts Argentina play Bolivia. 

I would have had a punt at Mexico winning after how well they played in the Gold Cup, but just looking at their squad it's very inexperienced so they'll probably just make up the numbers. Brazil and Argentina are the obvious picks but I like the look of Chile so I'll go for them.

Last I checked Brazil and Argentina were favorites, with Uruguay a long way behind em in third, I've put a tenner on em though at 8/1, feel confident in Suarez.

Of course I'll also be rooting for Venezuela. :shifty:

Confident he'll handball it on the line again and get sent off?! I do like Suarez though, he took the piss out of us when we came to Anfield! Him and Forlan up-front is an awesome partnership.

Definitely rooting for Uruguay as I did in the World Cup last year. Hopefully I'll be able to catch some of the matches on YouTube since apparently they're streaming there.

I would have had a punt at Mexico winning after how well they played in the Gold Cup, but just looking at their squad it's very inexperienced so they'll probably just make up the numbers. Brazil and Argentina are the obvious picks but I like the look of Chile so I'll go for them.

IIRC, part of the deal of the Gold Cup/Copa America thing was that Mexico would essentially field two different teams, one that was experienced and one to make up the numbers, essentially.

Here are the squads.

Costa Rica have replaced Japan who withdrew. The tournament is on ESPN in the UK.

Mexico suspend eight.

I'd like to think that Brazil should win with little difficulty, Argentina have the talent but are always unpredictable, Mexico are coming off of the high of winning the Gold Cup, and nations like Columbia, Venezuela, and Ecuador are always inproving. Not forgetting how well both Paraguay and especially Uruguay did last year in South Africa.

The first match is on Friday, when hosts Argentina play Bolivia.

I'm sorry... what?

Japan decline the invitation,because too many problems (earthquake and tsunami),and hard times getting outside the country players.So Im going to pull for Costa Rica,but being reallystic(sp?)I think Brasil will win the Cup.

Just 10 teams in South America,so they invite 2 to make 3 even groups (Y)

Edited by angeluzcr

Anybody else watching this first game? Argentina are all over Bolivia, but haven't been able to score yet.

EDIT: :lol:

EDIT 2: Wow.

And I guess nobody's actually watching? ¬_¬

Argentina should've won that game easily, awesome finish by Aguero too. Glad I ordered their new shirt with him on the back now!

Also, I didn't realise Mexico's schedule was so intense for the summer. Hernandez is going to be completely gassed by the time the Premier League starts.

Argentina should've won that game easily, awesome finish by Aguero too. Glad I ordered their new shirt with him on the back now!

Also, I didn't realise Mexico's schedule was so intense for the summer. Hernandez is going to be completely gassed by the time the Premier League starts.

Good thing he didn't get called up for this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Copa_Am%C3%A9rica_squads#Mexico