The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Guest mr. potato head

Edmonton gets Yakupov. He's good, and he's going to make the mid-decade Oilers even better, but he's not a game changer on the level of even RNH.

It's a weird draft really. There's not a lot of top-end talent - TSN's got Radek Faksa ranked #10, and if he's ever any team's best player, that team's not doing very well at all. But there is quite a bit of depth as far as guys who will go in the second or third rounds and can project to second or third liners.

Edited by mr. potato head

Fucking Edmonton :/

They should trade down and get a D-man. I was hoping they would stay at #2, because then they'd likely take a D-man, and then the Leafs have a chance at picking up Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, or Forsberg. I want one of those three guys.

I'm signing up for this. And stealing it for the NBA playoffs.

Also, I guess I should go with some predictions.

Eastern Conference

Rangers in 5

Bruins in 6

Devils in 7

Penguins in 6

Rangers in 7

Bruins in 6

Bruins in 7

Western Conference

Kings in 7

Blues in 6

Blackhawks in 6

Predators in 7

Blues in 7

Blackhawks in 6

Blackhawks in 6

Stanley Cup Finals

Bruins in 6

Hopefully I get Boston!

Guest mr. potato head

My finals pick is Pittsburgh over Vancouver, but we'll see.

The reason I came in here: If Wikipedia's accurate, the format for the World Championships round robin has changed from 4 four-team groups to 2 eight-team groups. 12-day round robin which is just ridiculous. And even if France or Italy or Latvia or Kazakhstan can pull out a couple shock wins, it won't matter. Dumb format.

EDIT: Actually, I forgot that there were two levels of round robins last year. I guess technically this is an improvement.

Edited by mr. potato head

Also poor Sean. He's going to feel so conflicted, rooting for Vancouver but also for Potato Head.

Dude, look at what team I got assigned. Nevermind the dude who got assigned Vancouver, look at what team I have to root for.

• Like 1

BOW DOWN TO THE

BOW DOWN TO THE KING!

Also, I think you might have a faulty bracket there cauc, Vancouver's in the #1 seed in the west for some reason. I can supply an Avalanche logo if you need one.

EDIT: I don't know where it is, but I think I want to visit "Mount. Cleavage"

EDIT2: Teehee, Boston for Sean. Trollolific.