Official EWB Fantasy Football League Season 7

Maxx

Fuck off Sahyder. You think you're a good drafter? You were guaranteed Rodgers or Vick and Johnson fell into your lap, making those picks makes you a bog-standard drafter. Dallas Clark in the third round? Yeah, GREAT pick that turned out to be. Plaxico Burress in the sixth round? Phenomenal! He's only scored the third-least points out of all your offensive players, what a fucking steal! Tashard Choice? Woo, eighteen whole points this season!

Srar picking up Wes Welker in the fourth round - that's a good pick. Me getting Dustin Keller in round eleven - good pick. Lowerdeck going with Ryan Fitzpatrick, also in the eleventh - excellent pick and, might I add, he was drafted one spot before you took Choice. Damshow snaring Matt Stafford at the end of the fifth - good pick, he gambled and won. What have you done?

It is entirely possible to have a balanced league in a 14 team format. People just need to draft better. I honestly don't know if anyone in our league paired up any RBs (i.e take Bradshaw AND Jacobs, Greene AND LT, etc.) Injuries happen in football. They'll screw up seasons for teams whether we have a 10 team league or 14 team league. A ten team league wouldn't have saved Rocksta from passing up on Brees in a QB dominated league. Srar passed up on Calvin Johnson. Part of it is luck, part of it just better drafting.

It is almost impossible to have a balanced league with 14 teams. I would rather pick 1st and 28th than 14th and 15th any season. The dropoff between 1 and 14 is far greater than 15 to 28. The 3 teams with the best records in the league after 6 weeks drafted 1st, 2nd & 5th.

Also, there are multiple problems with drafting tandem backs.

1) You're absolutely boned on the bye week unless you have at least 4 RBs that get playing time on your roster.

2) You either have to play both or hope you're riding the hot hand to get max points.

3) If one gets injured, you still need to go out and find someone else who isn't going to be worth much.

You can survive a "bad" draft choice. You can possibly survive a 1st round draft pick missing multiple games. You can't survive losing your # 1 pick for the season.

I wasn't saying to start two RBs from same team but given how much runningbacks get hurt your bench RBs should be guys who back up your starters whenever possible. Yes, me getting Vick 2nd was big for me but it came with a risk which I took. Every week I'm one hit away from losing my QB knowing how much of a beating he takes. The big reason why I am doing as good as I am so far is Calvin Johnson who was the 4th WR taken.

DMN would most likely have been screwed if we had 12 or 10 teams as well. The Manning pick was a risk but no one really thought Manning of all people would miss a game let alone the whole season. DMN himself joked that this would be the year where it would go south for Manning. That one was just bad luck. Srar

Believe me I regret going by the rankings instead of taking Megatron but that wouldnt have saved me season.

Just went back and checked this. Week 5 you lost by 1 point. White scored 18 points while Calvin Johnson got 25. In Week 4 you lost by 2 points. White got 13 while Johnson got 31. Week 3 you lost by 6 points to me. White got you 23 points while Johnson got me 31 (yes I understand that I may not have drafted White). That right there would have been 3 wins for you. It's Fantasy Football. One guy can always make a major impact in a positive or negative way.

I'm doing real well despite not having Charles the whole year basically and missing Andre Johnson right now. Why? Because I nailed some draft picks (Stafford, Graham, Bryant, and Nelson). I picked 14th and I'm in the thick of it, so yes you can do well under the worst of circumstances but this happening is far from the norm.

Unrelated, I'll listen to trade offers for Dez or Jordy if you want to send me a RB.

So, in Week 10, being that no teams have bye weeks, we're going to have a little competition with B-League. We'll take the top 4 teams in the league going into that week, and add up their week 10 scores against the week 10 scores of the top 4 teams in the B-League.

It shall be known as the EWB Fantasy Football All Star Game!

Yeah, I think it should be the 4 worst teams in each league duking it out. That way it would be more like the MLB All-Star Game where every team has to be represented for reasons no one ever really made clear. Tim Tebow vs John Beck for bragging rights would be awesome :shifty:

There is also the option of affording a little bit greater flexibility with a team's starters.

In my leagues I started with friends back home, only one RB is required to start, and a team can go with 1 RB/3 WR/1 TE or 1 RB/4 WR if they see fit.

In my radio show's league, we've stretched it even further, allowing 1 RB/2 WR/2 TE, owing to this year's TE group being as deep as I've ever seen.

Any RB/WR spot should allow for TE's, as well.

And yes, there should probably be some contraction here. 14 teams is just too much, the waiver pool becomes the waiver puddle. 12 usually works perfectly, from my experience. 10 could be good, if you add a couple of spots to the starting lineup (extra flex position, 2 QB's, etc.)

On second thought, forget I said anything about 2 QB's. This week, I had to make that traumatic choice between Christian Ponder and A.J. Feeley to fill a spot because of byes. Needless to say, I chose wrong.

I ran the table in a 2 QB league one year because I jokingly picked Favre in the final round and then he unretired the next day. Thank god I didn't release him to get someone I actually thought would be starting in the NFL that year.

We could conceivably still do 14 teams next year if we change the lineups to 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K. More flexibility and if you open up the FLEX spot to a TE it makes it even easier.

That's why I'm not really a fan of the relegation idea, there are a lot of people who have been in this league since we started doing it 7 years ago, I really don't want to replace them with people who barely post on here.

I want to just bring in 6 people from the other league and do two 10 team leagues comprised of people who post regularly and set their lineups every week.

The rosters are definitely getting tweaked, I haven't changed the set up in years and it reflects an NFL that really doesn't exist anymore. Probably do 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE and two RB/WR/TE spots.

This is, I believe, my sixth season in the league. My first year was the legendary Reggie Bush number 1 pick year.

But in any case, I wish it were possible for 2 10 team conferences with the winners of each meeting in week 16 of the regular season regardless of potential overlap in players. The two teams can't possibly be identical, or at least share more than 2 or 3 of the same players.