Football Manager 2012

Lineker

I start season three tonight, so I'll give that a go and see what happens. I never ever play a flat midfield, it's like chickening out on making the decision on if your team is attack or defence minded. Think I'll go with a 4-2-3-1 tonight, since my DMs are generally good at Deep Lying Playmaking and see how that plays...

STR

AML-AMC-AMR

DMC-DMC

DL-DC-DC-DR

GK

I've also got a hot 5* sweeper waiting to develop, so that might add to my options.

To tie this back into FM, thanks to FM I had my girls that I coach playing next level tactics though - back four (wing backs rather than full backs) and the rest basically line up in the 4-1-2-2-1, same as Stok's Chelsea diary. We kicked ass after I implemented that!

He was a regen that I found whilst scouring through what youth players to sign. I was shocked to all hell. He's not at that level at the moment, but he can be trained to that level with the right encouragement. I'm going to be closely following his development and giving him plenty of matches against low threat teams and in cup ties.

On older versions, I adored playing the sweeper formation but it only ever seemed to work in Germany when you had either Matthaus (who was about ready to retire) or Sammer to play there. Such a sexy position that has been lost in the modern game. :(

To be a sweeper, you have to be someone who can defend, has alot of pace and energy and can ping passes to anywhere on the field. Few players who are very good at all that and they tend to be re-trained or made to be attacking playmakers from the off. Next we will be moaning about the lack of half-backs in FM. :shifty:

In my Orient game towards the end of the first season a paris based businessman tried to buy the club and install a new dictator. Then a few games into my second season, a group of fans are trying to buy the club. It's getting a bit annoying that I can't happen to get a Dubai based oil tycoon or Saudi royal to buy my club and give me millions to piss away,

I had no idea a flat midfield was so frowned upon...

I always used just a basic 4-4-2 until just recently. Finding myself playing a 4-3-2-1 more and more and it's worked wonders so far. Been incredibly busy over the last week so I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like. :/

This game is mental. 4 games into my season and Blackburn are top, recording an 8-0 win over Newcastle, 6-1 against Newcastle and they beat Arsenal 3-1. Rochina's top scorer with 6 goals and Pederson's also got 6 assists. I'm sure things will eventually evan out, but it definitely made me raise my eyebrow about how well they were playing.

Blackburn beating Newcastle 8-0 is pretty strange. I've only had one weird result yet and that was Chelsea beating Norwich 12-0.

Weirdly, I would be a little annoyed with that scoreline: Chelsea's record win is 13-0. "Could you not just have scored a couple more?" :shifty:

But then it still blows our record league win (8-0 v Wigan) out of the water, so hey.

Feh. NEVER satisfied, are you?!