Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Ugh. Sketching out my squad for next season (and thereby seeing for what positions I need to buy/sell), and the Premier League squad requirements are fine...but the Champions League ones are fucking ridiculous. By which I of course mean the rule that U21s have to have been with your club for a minimum of 2 years to even get on the B List. Cockbites.

I'm two months into my first season at MK Dons, we're currently fourth. Lots of very high scores. I've won 3-0, lost 4-1, won 4-1 and won 4-2.

Balanta/Baxter/Powell lead my attack. Darren Potter and Connor Clifford are the main midfielders and when they're on song we kick all kinds of ass. I think Balanta and Baxter are only on short loans. Hopefully I can keep them for the second half of the season.

A fun game coming up soon. AFC Wimbledon in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy! :w00t:

Guest mr. potato head

Man City game is going pretty well. End of January and we're five points back of Man U, with Liverpool and Chelsea in-between and Everton just behind. Tevez has been astounding and when he was hurt, Aguero stepped up in his place. Mats Hummels got off to a shaky start but turned out to be an excellent investment, he has six goals off of corner kicks in the Prem alone. Also bought Hulk in January largely just because I could, scored in his debut. Injury bug that was killing me earlier on has subsided and I've had to loan out Savic and Kolarov to Germany just so they can play. Even then Hargeaves and Dzeko are barely getting into the lineup.

League Cup final is coming up, I made it through basically because I was never drawn against a Prem team, now we're at Tottenham so might as well pick up the trophy. FA Cup will be a bit more challenging, drawn Liverpool away in the fifth round. Doing well in UEFA, away at CSKA Moscow in the quarter-finals.

Tactics question: My biggest issue is that I get a ton of shots on goal, but most of them are off target and from outside the box, even with Work Ball Into Box on. I generally play a 4-2-3-1 with Tevez (ST) and Aguero or Nasri (AMC) as trequaristas and the other two AMs as wingers with a support duty - should I be changing those around somehow to get more men into the box?

I hope you lose that :angry:

Dirty MK Dons lover.

Seriously though, good luck :shifty:

Based upon my recent form. Losing 3-1 to Chesterfield means this is going to be at least a 6-1 win for MK Dons. :shifty:

I'm two months into my first season at MK Dons, we're currently fourth. Lots of very high scores. I've won 3-0, lost 4-1, won 4-1 and won 4-2.

Balanta/Baxter/Powell lead my attack. Darren Potter and Connor Clifford are the main midfielders and when they're on song we kick all kinds of ass. I think Balanta and Baxter are only on short loans. Hopefully I can keep them for the second half of the season.

A fun game coming up soon. AFC Wimbledon in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy! :w00t:

How are Sheffield United doing? I ask because I'm playing as them currently and after 12 games I'm level on points at the top with MK Dons and Preston... I'm quite pleased with that but not sure if I should be running away with it or not - the media seem to think I should be hammering everyone.

I need something different to get me back into the game so was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Just can't get back into my Stockport or Liverpool game atm.

How are Sheffield United doing? I ask because I'm playing as them currently and after 12 games I'm level on points at the top with MK Dons and Preston... I'm quite pleased with that but not sure if I should be running away with it or not - the media seem to think I should be hammering everyone.

They're about 3rd or 4th. Preston are running away with the league. I'm currently 7th due to some draws and losses but only three points off 3rd.

Now Baxter has gone back to Everton as his loan was over and I couldn't get an extension. :(

I always love playing with the lowest ranked team in one of the Blue Square leagues. Currently playing as Thurrock in the BSQ South and sit a respectable 9th and have the mighty Ade Akinbiyi up front who has gone 10 games without scoring.

You'll be lucky to even get one goal from the useless bag of crap.

I always love playing with the lowest ranked team in one of the Blue Square leagues. Currently playing as Thurrock in the BSQ South and sit a respectable 9th and have the mighty Ade Akinbiyi up front who has gone 10 games without scoring.

You'll be lucky to even get one goal from the useless bag of crap.

He's non-contract and not getting paid so I don't mind; the wingers seem to play better and score more with him in the team.

Gazz: the game has no doubt calculated in its own obscure way that his cross was going in at the far post before the keeper deflected it in, thereby not making it an own goal.

To be honest I've see a defender hack a ball across the line and it be credited as an own goal from a player nowhere near. I just don't ask too many questions. :shifty: